Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

import TOR achievements to future Star Wars MMO games?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
import TOR achievements to future Star Wars MMO games?

Tsillah
01.13.2014 , 11:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
No it's a suggestion thread. But there will be a day it will join SWG.
Ahh that's why you put this in the suggestion forum...oh wait you didn't.

So basically you want what Guild Wars did. Well, considering how crap GW2 turned out to be I'd rather they don't follow that path...I'll stick to enjoying SWTOR and if they bring out another SW MMO in the future and I like it, I really won't care if I can carry over achievements or something. In GW2 I didn't really care in the end because it just never ends up really being what you'd hoped for I guess.
Playing with a time card, no more automatic sub. #RemoveRNG

Savej
01.13.2014 , 11:43 AM | #12
The only online mmo-ish games i know of that changed versions and let you keep your characters were text based (MUDS).

A new engine would completely change the performance of existing animations and abilities. Movement dynamics would change. Some things that are currently possible might become impossible and other things that weren't do-able before might become easy. All content would need to be redesigned on some level. It would probably cost more and take longer to make a SWTOR 2 that was compatible with SWTOR than to just make a new game (which I hope someone does but I'm not holding my breath).

ninjonxb
01.13.2014 , 02:04 PM | #13
Because I do not want to bump a different thread,
Why was this posted in 2 places?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713834

Sadishist
01.13.2014 , 02:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Because I do not want to bump a different thread,
Why was this posted in 2 places?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713834
Different board, that one was posted in Suggestions, this one in General.

Come on, no one wants all their hard work and time here playing this game to go poof once the next MMO comes out.

AlexDougherty
01.13.2014 , 03:21 PM | #15
Look at Dragon Age and Mass Effect (both Bioware series). Progress is imported to future games in the series.
Yes, but they were series' and deesigned for progress to flow to the next installment, unless Bioware gets the next Star Wars MMO, there will be no reason to expect the achievements to carry accross, and even then I doubt they will do it.

Short answer, I doubt it.
Long Answer, I really doubt it.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Nickious
01.13.2014 , 03:31 PM | #16
Seems like it would be a waste of time and resources. Might have some novelty but of a list of things to prioritize, its pretty low on the list.

Infernixx
01.13.2014 , 03:35 PM | #17
Different board, that one was posted in Suggestions, this one in General.

Come on, no one wants all their hard work and time here playing this game to go poof once the next MMO comes out.
So, you want to go into a new game with a buttload of stuff already accomplished....

To me, this akin to eating at home before going to a restaurant.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Sadishist
01.13.2014 , 03:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
So, you want to go into a new game with a buttload of stuff already accomplished....

To me, this akin to eating at home before going to a restaurant.
Not accomplish anything in the new SW game, just carried over. Different thing.

Infernixx
01.13.2014 , 03:55 PM | #19
Not accomplish anything in the new SW game, just carried over. Different thing.
You want achievements to things that don't even apply to some theoretical new game?

If that's how it works, I want an achievement for making over $75k a year. "The Non-Basement Dweller"
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

JPryde
01.13.2014 , 04:09 PM | #20
@OP:
I suggest just before SWTOR closes its doors in many years from now, you make a screenshot of all your achievements and send that in to Bioware, so that a dev will sign it as being official, then sends it back. You can then make copies of that and use as wallpaper on your desktop and on your house. You can go to the next game and demand respect for all the cool stuff you did in a game that others on those forums did never play.

I am sure that will bring you a lot of positive feedback
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !