Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please don't put the event * there *

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please don't put the event * there *

Tachenko_Yuri
01.13.2014 , 10:47 AM | #1
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Strange animal attacks have been reported by soldiers serving on Alderaan. An investigation is currently underway.

Supposing that this is about what I think it is:

The planet, as a levelling waypoint is already something people already try get out of as quickly as possible.

Massive numbers of players going there for the event, massive planet and lots of instances, plus even more loading time for the event new stuff? Not something that should've been done on alderaan imo

Wasn't around at all for the first rakghoul event, but heard is was nice.

Having to put up with massive loading times and mostly likely a long taxi hike to get there, just put a massive dent in it imo.
Current Main: Lynètte
Commando Healer - Eternal Warrior - The Red Eclipse - Conquerer of Quesh/Voss/Makeb - Potentiae Guild

Roshe
01.13.2014 , 10:50 AM | #2
The first Rakghoul event started out on Tatooine, which is also a "leveling" planet. It turned out fine. It'll be fine on Alderaan too.

ScoutTrooper
01.13.2014 , 10:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Roshe View Post
The first Rakghoul event started out on Tatooine, which is also a "leveling" planet. It turned out fine. It'll be fine on Alderaan too.
Whilst Tatooine is big, it isn't as big as Alderaan and to an extent is far easier to travel around than Alderaan. The key point I think the OP was making was purely due to loading times. Alderaan is one of the biggest of them all and as such the concern is it being made longer due to more people being there and more stuff there.

I guess we'll find out when it is released whether that is true or not as there is no chance of them changing its location now as I imagine they've been working on it a fair while.
Oman Tyru
"I love the smell of Ion Cannon fire in the morning!"
Darth Syric
"All life came from darkness, all life shall return to darkness!"

Tachenko_Yuri
01.13.2014 , 10:57 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ScoutTrooper View Post
The key point I think the OP was making was purely due to loading times. Alderaan is one of the biggest of them all and as such the concern is it being made longer due to more people being there and more stuff there.
pretty much, yes. along with some massive taxi hike after actually getting the planet loaded up

Lower spec machines are so going to (not) enjoy this. I'm not one of those, inb4 " get a better machine blablabla ".
Commando Healer - Eternal Warrior - The Red Eclipse - Conquerer of Quesh/Voss/Makeb - Potentiae Guild

Andryah
01.13.2014 , 11:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
The planet, as a levelling waypoint is already something people already try get out of as quickly as possible.
Where would they put it exactly, that is appropriate for non-level capped players to access it? Fleet?

Massive numbers of players going there for the event, massive planet and lots of instances, plus even more loading time for the event new stuff? Not something that should've been done on alderaan imo
They did the Tauntaun event on Hoth, and it worked quite well. So I disagree with your opinion.

Having to put up with massive loading times and mostly likely a long taxi hike to get there, just put a massive dent in it imo.
OIC... this is about it being placed convenient for you to get to in 10 seconds from Fleet? OK then.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

Rafaman
01.13.2014 , 11:03 AM | #6
Ah... but much remains to be explored on Alderaan by many. I have the luxury of a good machine so I don't worry about load times or graphics so, maybe I'm a little selfish, but to be honest, Ald is beautiful and there is plenty of room to make a huge event like the Rak event was on Tat.

Don't forget, last time, even included a planet wide scavenger hunt which did involve find ways into the opposite faction areas. It really showed off Tat and all the nooks and crannys. I think that would be great for Alderann. Might even find a few more Orokeet nests or something like them.

ninjonxb
01.13.2014 , 11:05 AM | #7
I love it.

First people complain that this game is to staticky and as soon as they put an event on any planet that isn't a max level planet (like Ilum) people complain...

Tachenko_Yuri
01.13.2014 , 11:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
W

OIC... this is about it being placed convenient for you to get to in 10 seconds from Fleet? OK then.
Quoting my own post:

Lower spec machines are so going to (not) enjoy this. I'm not one of those, inb4 " get a better machine blablabla ".

Andryah
01.13.2014 , 11:15 AM | #9
Anyone that did not have issues with prior events on the various planets (yes.. they put events out on planets for the most part), is not going to have issues with this.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

horrorfaneightys
01.13.2014 , 11:24 AM | #10
I'm ever so glad that I got a better machine last week - Alderaan lagged so badly on my old laptop, and it's much better now. Still not very fond of the place though.
Xaniata-kee Morga-dar Li'lu-fei Aiden-grey Jadze Sangui Lavent Rou'n Nua'mi Bloodsigh Argeia

My referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/PsR795