Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Livestream: Which AC to Play?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Livestream: Which AC to Play?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Which Advanced Class Should I Play on Stream?
Sniper 130 47.27%
Operative 145 52.73%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

EricMusco
01.13.2014 , 10:17 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Yes Eric, if you choose operative, PLEASE play as concealment...I'd love for someone behind the scenes to see just how frustrating that spec can be

Though by the time you reach end-game...the "buffs" will take effect no doubt.
I said this on the stream, but just as a note I have played Concealment since launch It was my first 50, my second 55, and my main currently. I love Concealment. That "knife" noise is just the best.

I also entertained myself for far longer than I should have rolling around the fleet throwing snowballs.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Chiron_Prime
01.13.2014 , 10:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I said this on the stream, but just as a note I have played Concealment since launch It was my first 50, my second 55, and my main currently. I love Concealment. That "knife" noise is just the best.

I also entertained myself for far longer than I should have rolling around the fleet throwing snowballs.

-eric
I wouldn't play something you already know like the back of your hand...
I share the first reply's sentiment... go MM Sniper, get to 55 before 2.6, enjoy OS while you can, and then play it some more after 2.6 and let us know your actual thoughts on this change compared other classes AoE abilities... just my 2 cents
The Red Eclipse
Ruthis Mecadia Volemia Uktena Tummi
Dolza Nefratakki Tentou Malfesious
Yuhegui Melanisto

EricMusco
01.13.2014 , 10:30 AM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiron_Prime View Post
I share the first reply's sentiment... go MM Sniper, get to 55 before 2.6, enjoy OS while you can, and then play it some more after 2.6 and let us know your actual thoughts on this change compared other classes AoE abilities... just my 2 cents
I don't disagree with that either! I will play what the stream/forums decide

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MillionsKNives
01.13.2014 , 10:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiron_Prime View Post
You are aware that operatives get the OS as well, right?

ZETA_SCORPII
01.13.2014 , 10:36 AM | #15
Been saving this class cause I hear the story is good so I can't watch cause of spoilers. It was pretty funny seeing the big group around you though, pretty cool of you to do this!

Dedrayge
01.13.2014 , 10:40 AM | #16

-eric
Oh I see now...you convinced the combat team to buff the hell out of concealment DPS for 2.6.

People are trying to get you to play the class and spec you are already most comfortable with...Well...that's just boring...Hell, for all we know, you are playing on the server where your current main is located.

Throwing snowballs from stealth then phase walking out or range ftw.

Space bar more and use exp boosters so you can get to Tat sooner...Us PoT5 people want our server breaking open world PvP.

Also...

Operative animations and sound effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> scoundrel animations and sound effects.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Sithwallker
01.13.2014 , 11:03 AM | #17
Sniper, Lethality spec please.
Jedi Covenant Server

Republic - Pak'Tii / Storem / Vimdin / Aimylla
Imperial - Skiilar / Aillya / Jagaro / Kreyya

Dedrayge
01.13.2014 , 11:14 AM | #18
I think someone didn't finish his tea before making a thread again...

This thread isn't a sticky.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Uber_the_Goober
01.13.2014 , 11:40 AM | #19

-eric
I didn't get to watch the stream. But if you've played as concealment since launch...I have to ask...WHY? After the massive nerfs the class saw...you honestly didn't pick up a different spec?

Anyway...if it's something you've always played, then I'd say try medicine, or just go full dps with the sniper. Engineering is fun, it's what I'm currently running on my sniper. Though...my play is entirely PvP focused.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Joesixxpack
01.13.2014 , 12:38 PM | #20
I voted Concealment ofc. If you're familiar with it even better.

inb4 "NERF MUSCO" threads
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE