Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I bought Treek today, and I regret it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I bought Treek today, and I regret it.

KurganNazzir
01.12.2014 , 03:07 PM | #11
Yeah, I really cannot stand listening to Treek. She's the worst of all companions, to me. I usually turn down voice audio when using her but then that screws me up if I record a conversation because I forget to turn it back up so the videos are too quiet.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Andryah
01.12.2014 , 03:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I only need 1 midget tank. Blizz is superior to Treek.
Hehe.. yeah.. but only one class gets access to Blizz.
MMOs mimic real life in some ways. Take challenges for example.... you can either use intellect and overcome a challenge or not. In other words, you can make lemonade from lemons, or you can just suck on the lemon. Up to you.

Zorvan
01.12.2014 , 03:19 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
But hey.. where else are you going to get a furball tank that charges it's target on a hang-glider.
And this is indeed her saving grace. lol

midianlord
01.12.2014 , 03:23 PM | #14
I swear to God, if I hear that "....eeeeeeEEE--BLYARGH!!" one more freaking time from any one of all those stupid Ewoks around the FP mission terminal, I'm going to frigging SCREAM.

Ugh, could the monetisation in this game get any more crass without going into outright pay-to-win?
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life

All you'll ever need to know about PvP in this game: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730402

Spoiler

midianlord
01.12.2014 , 03:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I still to this day have yet to purchase Treek even at the insistence of my guildies.

I like my games to still have a challenge to them..
And ^^this,^^ too.
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life

All you'll ever need to know about PvP in this game: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730402

Spoiler

Reno_Tarshil
01.12.2014 , 03:32 PM | #16
Would you rather her say nothing but Jub Jub all day?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

bibobpipop
01.12.2014 , 03:34 PM | #17
Anything a companion offers today is still miles better then having the ship-droid in the early days.......

Every 2 seconds "how may i help you?""how may i help you?""how may i help you?""how may i help you?""how may i help you?""how may i help you?""how may i help you?""how may i help you?"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>_>

Gwena
01.12.2014 , 03:50 PM | #18
Her garbling is kind of cute, but being stuck with Qyzen's lizardy noises on my new Sage, I can imagine it could get annoying after awhile no matter how cute she is.

I prefer more human like Companions (Twi'lek, Togruta, Chiss, etc) so I am hoping that we will get one next that is as awesome as Treek. I just can't bring myself to buy her, regardless of how great she is for game play.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

Rafaman
01.12.2014 , 04:04 PM | #19
Well, her rambling was definitely noticeable and a bit annoying at first. I don't ever read what my non-basic speaking companions are saying so... not sure what she is on about.

But now I don't even notice it. I do notice her tanking better then some people I've seen. Lol. And... that occasional heal is much appreciated. Got her geared up and Oricon is a pleasure to run with her.

Pscyon
01.12.2014 , 04:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Got her geared up and Oricon is a pleasure to run with her.
Got someone in fur running around on a hot lava planet. You sadistic monster you
Sith Sorcerer