Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let the hate fly, but I still say Bioware should allow you to change your AC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Let the hate fly, but I still say Bioware should allow you to change your AC

STJedi
01.11.2014 , 09:24 PM | #1
Yea lets hear it out
I would rather pay to be able to change my AC, rather then have to level up to 55 again.
That's my opinion, lets hear yours.

OwenBrooks
01.11.2014 , 09:42 PM | #2
Good Suggestion - so toss it in here - http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Not sure why you think you need the defensive title though but that's a different topic

s_w_sanders
01.11.2014 , 09:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by STJedi View Post
Yea lets hear it out
I would rather pay to be able to change my AC, rather then have to level up to 55 again.
I agree you should be able to pay a fee or pay cartel coins to change advanced class.

Sadishist
01.11.2014 , 09:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by STJedi View Post
Yea lets hear it out
Start a new toon.

theUndead
01.11.2014 , 10:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Start a new toon.
Agreed. Or better yet stop being lazy.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

CrazyMcGee
01.11.2014 , 10:17 PM | #6
I actually don't care. I have 16 toons, one of each advanced class on both factions.

But do I want to restrict what other people can do? Not really, no. I'm basically always in favour of more content, more choice, etc. Let everyone play the way they want.

So sure, OP, we could have this. But tbh I suspect that if BW bring it in, all we'll get is a flood of "why does it cost 1800cc to change class?" or whatever. Which is the kind of thing it will be if it's brought in. And sure, some people might be willing to pay it and glad for the option, but others will just whine about the cc. And BW are never gonna bring this in for free, why would they?

Essence_of_Light
01.11.2014 , 10:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Start a new toon.
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
Agreed. Or better yet stop being lazy,
I agree, and for 5 reasons.

Reason 1: Bioware want you to stay as long as possible playing the game. If they let you switch ACs then, thats (possibly) a shorter amount of time of you playing.

Reason 2: Its easy. Especially if you are a sub! You practically have XP shoved at you in the form of Guild XP, XP boosts, gaining XP faster as sub, and rested XP (not to mention they sometimes do Double XP).

Reason 3: Endgame. In MANY ways, leveling 1-55 is a preparation for endgame, and for you to learn your AC, set your keybinds, etc. Say, you level to 55 as a Operative Healer. Then you get to 55, and you switch to Sniper, and you'll have NO IDEA what to do or how to play (unless you have leveled a Sniper to 55 before). Even if you have done it before, there are plenty of people out there who HAVEN'T and causing AC switches will cause many, many problems for Endgame. I mean... look around, there are threads complaining about people who don't know how to play their AC or role, even WITHOUT AC switches.

Reason 4: Gear. If you change ACs (especially at 50 or 55) then you will probably have the wrong gear for the AC you switched to.

Reason 5: They WARN you. When you pick an AC there is a CLEAR warning box, telling you it is permanent. If you didn't pay attention to that, or didn't care.. that is your fault.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

OwenBrooks
01.11.2014 , 10:25 PM | #8
I just look at it as an extended respec, having the option available as a further respec doesn't mean you need to use it. if they need to change armor so be it.

That way those that want it have it, those that don't , don't need to use it

theUndead
01.11.2014 , 10:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I just look at it as an extended respec, having the option available as a further respec doesn't mean you need to use it. if they need to change armor so be it.

That way those that want it have it, those that don't , don't need to use it
It affects endgame and raids as well. Because if you have people respecing at will then it breaks down group dynamics and raiding teams.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

OwenBrooks
01.11.2014 , 10:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
It affects endgame and raids as well. Because if you have people respecing at will then it breaks down group dynamics and raiding teams.
How is this different to doing a tree respec ? do they do this in the middle of raids ?