Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why so much hate on this fantastic game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why so much hate on this fantastic game?

Nemmar
01.11.2014 , 04:55 PM | #21
Dont get me wrong, i love this game and i think its awesome.

What makes me say this game will die is the way EA doesnt support it. What happens to an MMO without support?

SWTOR needs an expansion but all its getting is cartel packs and one flashpoint.

Reno_Tarshil
01.11.2014 , 04:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Dont get me wrong, i love this game and i think its awesome.

What makes me say this game will die is the way EA doesnt support it. What happens to an MMO without support?

SWTOR needs an expansion but all its getting is cartel packs and one flashpoint.
It just got an expansion. The GSF.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

arunav
01.11.2014 , 04:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I do not understand why so many people hate on this game. I think its the BEST MMO there is on the market. Im not going to go into everything you can do in the game because we all know by now what it has to offer. I am just so tired of people saying how it will be dead soon. I just don't see it happening.
I think a lot of people that stayed on with the game, through 2012 when updates were scarce, are sometimes disappointed at the direction of the TOR, especially with regards to story, frequency of PVE group content updates, and objective-based PvP.

It seemed as though the original vision was to have class stories and more FPs and Ops at regular intervals, as well as objective-based PvP maps updated at a regular interval. What was basically ready at launch to be released: Kaon and Lost Island FPs, Denova and TfB Ops, Denova and Ancient Hypergate PvP maps, Czerka and Black Hole daily areas, Czerka FPs perhaps (though the Meltdown feels hurried and unfinished and is by far the worst FP in the game).

Instead, we've seen these types of updates slow to a crawl with the F2P system and layoffs, and an emphasis on the CM instead. While a lot of people enjoy the items from the latter, it doesn't make up for the lack of content for the game. EA seems to be funding it at the bare-minimum to keep it going, and making a large profit on CM items.

Hopefully this turns around in 2014, but there isn't an indication it will yet.

Pingonaut
01.11.2014 , 05:10 PM | #24
People love to complain. It doesn't matter what it is, how good the quality is, people enjoy complaining.

agamemnon-
01.11.2014 , 05:31 PM | #25
Nothing wrong with complaining if the complaints are legitimate and constructive. Saying, "LOL TOR worst gamez evar!!" is counter productive. On the other hand, if all devs here is "LOL TOR most game ever" (I wonder if anyone here will get the joke on that one) then nothing will get fixed or updated on a regular basis.

Treeba
01.11.2014 , 05:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
People love to complain. It doesn't matter what it is, how good the quality is, people enjoy complaining.
It's a really subjective topic. To some people it really is the best MMO ever, but to others it deserves the nickname TORtanic. Both are right - it's entirely a personal matter. Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle, but probably closer to the bad side than the good. I think TOR has a few things going for it...

1. And really most importantly - It's Star Wars. No matter how good or bad the game is there are 1000s/10,000s of people who will play this game for this reason alone.
2. The pvp is surprisingly good for a combat system that is so slow and buggy. There really aren't many other MMOs that offer something that compares to the GSF either. It's a big boon for SWTOR.
3. Class stories - Not a lot to say here, but they are some of the most interesting content I've seen in an MMO in a long time. Hopefully they'll extend them at sooner or later or they will lose this plus as well.

Almost everything else this game offers is done better in some other MMO. Often times it's considerably so. The updates are still to slow and small to keep me here as my main game. I still like to check in every 6 months or so and mess around with the new stuff.

HoboWithAStick
01.11.2014 , 05:45 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
I do not understand why so many people hate on this game. I think its the BEST MMO there is on the market. Im not going to go into everything you can do in the game because we all know by now what it has to offer. I am just so tired of people saying how it will be dead soon. I just don't see it happening.
-Launching about 6 months too early
-Very little end game content at launch
-Extremely slow and small updates
-Having players finance their free to play transition just to be nickeled and dimed later
-Very little class balance
-Very little community team interaction
-Devs insulting players
-Neglecting the best part of the game (Class Stories)
-Spending dev time on a sub par flight sim that the majority of players do not play and build the model around spending money to level faster
-Nickel and dimming players (Designer Kiosk, Cathar)
-Asking for player feedback and never using it
-Using Steve Blum to voice act almost all the content in the last 8 months (Not that he is bad but really?)
-Bolster
-Flavour of the year class
-7 Month pvp dry spell (Even after having to dishout for an expansion)
-Nightmare mode operations being held off for months after operations go live

Believe those are some reasons why people might hate this game. Why people stick around? Star Wars IP keeping the baby a float.

EzioMessi
01.11.2014 , 05:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
It just got an expansion. The GSF.
No If it doesn't cost $60 and I don't play it, it's not an expansion.

Come on man, I thought that was MMO rule #1. You been living under a rock?
Jung Ma - The Assassino Legacy <Dark Legion Empire>
Aetios - Level 55 Sentinel

Elly_Dawn
01.11.2014 , 07:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
No If it doesn't cost $60 and I don't play it, it's not an expansion.

Come on man, I thought that was MMO rule #1. You been living under a rock?
not true anymore, that's the old way, the Industry's changing, i don't think a lot of Old-School-Purists will like the direction it's going...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Erasimus
01.11.2014 , 07:17 PM | #30
The forum mini-game is an outlet and entertainment for some people. Some people feel the need to rant if they are unhappy with something. Others just troll for the enjoyment.

Just look at the comments for any article you choose on any news site that permits anonymous posting.

You should read forums and comment sections for entertainment and if you have a question just ignore the trolls, vents and incoherent replies, there will almost always someone that will make a reasonable post and answer your question or be willing to engage in civil conversation.

Extensive use of the ignore option can make your forum experience much more enjoyable if some of the posts/posters irritate you.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."