Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why so much hate on this fantastic game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why so much hate on this fantastic game?

Moonraker
01.11.2014 , 01:33 PM | #1
I do not understand why so many people hate on this game. I think its the BEST MMO there is on the market. Im not going to go into everything you can do in the game because we all know by now what it has to offer. I am just so tired of people saying how it will be dead soon. I just don't see it happening.

Elly_Dawn
01.11.2014 , 01:39 PM | #2
all throughout history there will be those people carrying the signs that say "The End is Nigh" we all know their theories are nuttier than a Chinese Chicken Salad, but they seem wholeheartedly convinced that it is the truth... you just gotta try to educate them on their foolishness or if they refuse to learn dismiss them altogether, and don't make eye contact they'll expect some spare change...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

TalkingDinosaur
01.11.2014 , 01:40 PM | #3
I'll just say "4Chan" and leave you to guess the rest.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

The_Grand_Nagus
01.11.2014 , 01:40 PM | #4
Why so much hate for ANY "fantastic" game? Simple: different people have different opinions. Just because you like something does not mean other people will. Conversely, just because someone else likes something does not mean you will. It is sad that some people simply cant comprehend that other people have different opinions than they do, and that opinions are neither "right" nor "wrong".
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Pscyon
01.11.2014 , 01:44 PM | #5
The forums does not represent more than a fraction of the game's community. The thing is though that the people who have no complaints feel little reason to go on the forum as they're busy playing the game while people who need to vent their frustration or talk about their concerns end up here.
Sith Sorcerer

The_Grand_Nagus
01.11.2014 , 01:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
The forums does not represent more than a fraction of the game's community.
This part is true. However,

Quote:
The thing is though that the people who have no complaints feel little reason to go on the forum as they're busy playing the game while people who need to vent their frustration or talk about their concerns end up here.
The existence of white knights on the forums disproves this idea. The white knights LOVE the game and think it is nearly perfect, yet they are still on the forums instead of in game playing.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Elly_Dawn
01.11.2014 , 01:49 PM | #7
or doing both, Dual Monitors FTW!... lol... i can check the forums and wait on a GSF pop or craft stuff at the same time...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Pscyon
01.11.2014 , 01:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
The existence of white knights on the forums disproves this idea. The white knights LOVE the game and think it is nearly perfect, yet they are still on the forums instead of in game playing.
Yeah I realised after posting I generalized a bit much there, obviously there are more reasons to hang on the forums, but too late to edit it now I shouldn't be posting with a headache. Off to bed methinks.
Sith Sorcerer

Tsillah
01.11.2014 , 03:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Why so much hate for ANY "fantastic" game? Simple: different people have different opinions. Just because you like something does not mean other people will. Conversely, just because someone else likes something does not mean you will. It is sad that some people simply cant comprehend that other people have different opinions than they do, and that opinions are neither "right" nor "wrong".
This is not about like or dislike. It's about people going out of their way to bash the game and BW about things that happened 2 years ago.

Realise that the people who are complaining here on the forum are still subbed. So why so much hate and emotion? It's because of entitlement and lack of reasoning skills. But then emotion isn't reasonable.

When you like a product you feel it's worth your investment, but people have a funny tendency to invest themselves in the potential of game or in essence what they think it should be instead of what it actually is. And on top of that they are so convinced of themselves that they cannot conceive that they might be wrong, unrealistic or overreacting or simply a minority. They cannot conceive that someone else can have a different opinion and be of sane mind even though they are the ones raging.

So no, I don't think it's a simple matter of likes or dislikes but a matter of being incapable of dealing with disappointment and a twisted sense of entitlement aka first world problems.

This is of course just my opinion, but even though I very much understand that different people like different things and that people can get upset when things don't go their way, I have much less understanding or tolerance towards people who cannot let go and feel they need to consistently attack this game and its creators and all of this WHILE STILL PAYING A SUB.

It's mind boggling, but in the end, if you don't like it, stop playing it. There is no point in paying for something you don't like only in the hope of suddenly making BW see the error of their ways and deciding they need to listen to you personally and change the game to fit you. Pay for what it is, not for what you want it to be. That's my advice.

Sticking around here for months and just bash and bash away....well, it's just not healthy aside from being a sign of not being able to control your emotions in any shape or form. Hence my reference to entitlement.

This game isn't perfect, but no game is. On the other hand it has a lot of things I do like and that's why I am still here and paying for it. I enjoy it with its flaws. I was very angry in 2012 and left the game for 3 months as a consequence. I gave the game one more chance after they turned things around and I am still here. If I still hated it I would've left.

I've played GW2 and I hated it. Too bad because I loved GW1. So I was angry and I voiced my opinion and left. Gave it a second shot, still hated it so gave my opinion again. Haven't been on the forums in months. I could go there and bash away since it has no sub, but what for? There's just no point and it won't change anything anyways.

So yeh I understand that people can get angry and want to let it out, but there's gotta be a point at which you let go. That's the problem more than anything...people can't seem to get over it and let go....
The general forum, where small voices become big and small numbers become majorities

Andryah
01.11.2014 , 03:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
But then emotion isn't reasonable.
In a nut shell.. this is a core issue as to why. And MMO players, in general, are an emotional bunch.

Such deliberate hating on a game is a badge of honor for the game. It means that it is alive and actively played by many and those who do not like it feel a need to try to faux-kill it. They can't kill it in reality, so they assemble faux attacks in the internetz. It's as old at the blending of games+internet.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.