Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion: Option to turn off experience gain

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Suggestion: Option to turn off experience gain

SgtFrog
12.22.2011 , 05:49 PM | #1
Just something I would like to see in the game, I like to do quests, flash point, space missions but due to this I always out level every new zone I enter (4+ levels) which makes killing mobs mind numbingly easy (not fun) ...even the heroics.

Wanted to see what others thought as well?
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

Rhinoplat
12.22.2011 , 05:51 PM | #2
Personally I really love how we can level fast. I actually wish we were able to level even faster.

But I am biased because I do not want to go through the story, I just want to get to 50.

*Edit* Anyone else notice that since today when you use the single apostrophe key you get the quote symbol once the post is sent. Very frustrating for someone that uses the '' key a lot.

Zeebie
12.22.2011 , 05:52 PM | #3
I have the same problem and it''s is kinda killing the experience of the game. I''m a completeist, I want to complete everything but now most mobs are grey, and gear is useless for the level I am

SgtFrog
12.22.2011 , 05:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinoplat656481
Personally I really love how we can level fast. I actually wish we were able to level even faster.

But I am biased because I do not want to go through the story, I just want to get to 50.

*Edit* Anyone else notice that since today when you use the single apostrophe key you get the quote symbol once the post is sent. Very frustrating for someone that uses the '' key a lot.
That is fair enough, that is why I was asking to turn off XP gain option rather than nerf XP all together.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

SgtFrog
12.23.2011 , 08:11 AM | #5
self bump :/

Shadysketchy
12.23.2011 , 08:12 AM | #6
Why would you want to turn off experience gain?

That makes no sense at all
Cancelled, January/4/2012
Level 50, December/22/2011
TOR's Most Critical Errors ó http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=67935
Dark Side Critical Errors, New Payment Ideas, Poor Customer Support

Mephismo
12.23.2011 , 08:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadysketchy View Post

Because some need to feel there is a reward for it

SgtFrog
12.23.2011 , 08:16 AM | #8
So I donít out level every area I enter, I explained it in the first post >.>

I see you have a 50, unlike you I donít like to power level...but obviously people do so thatís why I ask for an option to turn off XP gain rather than a nerf of some sort.

Sernon
12.23.2011 , 08:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadysketchy View Post

Getting all the content at the appropriate challenge level, maximize crafting with the resources at that level, taking the time and feel no need to rush.

---
Truth is far too valuable to be left out in the open. Guard it closely. Hide it well.

Shadysketchy
12.23.2011 , 08:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtFrog View Post
So I donít out level every area I enter, I explained it in the first post >.>

I see you have a 50, unlike you I donít like to power level...but obviously people do so thatís why I ask for an option to turn off XP gain rather than a nerf of some sort.
No, I read your post

I'm asking why
Cancelled, January/4/2012
Level 50, December/22/2011
TOR's Most Critical Errors ó http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=67935
Dark Side Critical Errors, New Payment Ideas, Poor Customer Support