Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

cancel my subscription

Arkerus
01.11.2014 , 10:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
I have a friend who has been waiting for over half a year for hers. She's tried logging in multiple times during that period, and every time the system says it's sending an OTP, but it just won't arrive. Her email is provided by another friend of ours, so we've been able to check logs on our end. No mails from SW:TOR is coming in. His own OTP messages do come through.

Support has been non-useful, replying with generic instructions to try logging in an waiting 15 minutes. Well gee, don't they think we've tried that already? And it seems continuity is broken every so often, as she has received these instructions multiple times and had to start from the beginning.

Not available in Europe, though I dunno where the OP is from. Can it even be synced to the account without logging in?
All this can be fixed by using a large, standard Internet provider email like gmail or hotmail.

Half the problem is people using private email servers and custom email addresses. You aren't unique and special. It just makes life harder for yourself.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

testpatter
01.11.2014 , 10:31 AM | #12
This may be an overly simplistic solution, but have you checked you spam/junk mail folder?
No matter how thin you slice it, its still bologna

OddballEasyEight
01.11.2014 , 10:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Yeah, people who simplistically say "Get the app for your phone" are the ones with no clue.
Really? We are the clueless ones?

Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Don't need a phone , use http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html on your PC and use the mobile security key on your PC

DataBeaver
01.11.2014 , 12:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Don't need a phone , use http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html on your PC and use the mobile security key on your PC
That'll be super convenient when I want to play on more than one computer. I'd have to always dig up my laptop when I want to play. Checking the OTP from email is less hassle.

DataBeaver
01.11.2014 , 12:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
All this can be fixed by using a large, standard Internet provider email like gmail or hotmail.
Yeah, let's all give our email to the megacorporations who will datamine the hell out of it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Half the problem is people using private email servers and custom email addresses. You aren't unique and special. It just makes life harder for yourself.
Now you're just speculating. My friend's email server adheres to the relevant standards, so if BW's servers can't send mail to it, the problem is at their end. And since they can send OTP messages to some addresses on the server, there's something that makes that one particular account broken. And support is refusing to look at it. How you do propose my friend changes her email address anyway, when she can't access her account at all?

BadOrb
01.11.2014 , 12:54 PM | #16
Try enabling cookies , it worked for me a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

DataBeaver
01.11.2014 , 01:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Try enabling cookies , it worked for me a few weeks ago.
A standard response, but unhelpful. There's no setting to enable cookies in the game launcher. My friend did also try a web browser on multiple different computers and browsers, and at least some of those had cookies enabled.

If I recall correctly, I was also having some trouble with the OTP email at the time my friend's problem started. However, my account fixed itself within half an hour; hers stayed broken. Could be a stray timestamp far in the future, but I don't know Bioware's systems so I can only guess.

Prototypemind
01.12.2014 , 03:13 AM | #18
Yeah, let's all give our email to the megacorporations who will datamine the hell out of it.?
What email client you use is your choice, but fact is that running non-standard clients causes issues with getting these one-time passwords. The need to even have a OTP generated is also is less prevalent on better ISPs. I'm sorry for the people having issues, but there are certain measures necessary to keep accounts secure and reduce the risk of hijacks.

I also don't understand the umbrage you take at the suggestion to use an Android Emulator so that you can have a mobile security key. How many different PCs are you running from that this is really a problem? People have offered helpful suggestions to make it easy for your friend and the OP to get back into the game. Why not utilize them or at least show some gratitude rather than anger?

Aries_cz
01.12.2014 , 03:28 AM | #19
That'll be super convenient when I want to play on more than one computer. I'd have to always dig up my laptop when I want to play. Checking the OTP from email is less hassle.
How many computers do you play on? You could install emulator on all of them and use that. If you use the same setup numbers, it should theoretically work...
Also, who has multiple computers but not a smartphone?
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

OwenBrooks
01.12.2014 , 03:46 AM | #20
Different people different requirements for what works for them, I have seen more then usual email OTP issues recently so lets hope the maintenance sorts it for most.