Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

cancel my subscription

Souleespersen
01.11.2014 , 02:05 AM | #1
yes today i will cancel my subscription to swtor have been wating for a onetime password for a week now stille havent got it. i can`t call becose some of us dont have long distiens calls on my mobile. so i really glad that i just paid for 3month of sub when i can`t use it

CrazyMcGee
01.11.2014 , 03:16 AM | #2
Can you not get a security key?

Aries_cz
01.11.2014 , 03:24 AM | #3
If you do not get the key in 10 minutes, try relogging. Some email providers seem to still have problems with the OTP mails (it is not on EA's side, or at least the guy responsible for the system checked how the email goes and it left their network without problems)

You can call support through Skype and other VoIP services.
Also, if you do not have Android or Apple device for the security key application, you can always download Bluestacks android emulator and use that for the security key application. That gives you more account security, no OTPs, and 100 coins per month literally for free.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

DataBeaver
01.11.2014 , 03:37 AM | #4
I have a friend who has been waiting for over half a year for hers. She's tried logging in multiple times during that period, and every time the system says it's sending an OTP, but it just won't arrive. Her email is provided by another friend of ours, so we've been able to check logs on our end. No mails from SW:TOR is coming in. His own OTP messages do come through.

Support has been non-useful, replying with generic instructions to try logging in an waiting 15 minutes. Well gee, don't they think we've tried that already? And it seems continuity is broken every so often, as she has received these instructions multiple times and had to start from the beginning.

Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Can you not get a security key?
Not available in Europe, though I dunno where the OP is from. Can it even be synced to the account without logging in?

jankiel
01.11.2014 , 03:37 AM | #5
It's easier to get a security key on your phone. You also get to use the security key vendor and get seome free CC each month. A much better deal then this mail crap-thingy.

Quote:
Not available in Europe, though I dunno where the OP is from. Can it even be synced to the account without logging in?
Download an app for your phone.
Lord Coris -The Progenitor

Einobi
01.11.2014 , 09:13 AM | #6
I have a recent experience with one-time password not arriving. I totally sat there feeling helpless. Want to find help but no avenue to go. Call support? No way. International phone call bill gonna cost me a few months of sub if it gonna put me on hold for an extended period of time. Skype? Google Voice? Never used them before and too stressed up at that moment to start learning how to use. Anyway, I can't just install any program on the PC as and when I wish. So, my choice is clear: (1) One-time password arrive and I play (2) or quit swtor and play other games. The choice to quit Swtor is easier than to call support. Its a clear mental block on my part that I have recognized and it shows how much 'obstacles' and 'pain' Swtor has 'subconsciously' created between the player and their support. Not good.

If swtor can implement live chat support on its website, it will help. Just a suggestion.

DataBeaver
01.11.2014 , 09:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
Download an app for your phone.
Not available for my phone either. I've no clue of the OP's phone.

OwenBrooks
01.11.2014 , 09:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Don't need a phone , use http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html on your PC and use the mobile security key on your PC

OwenBrooks
01.11.2014 , 09:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
(2) or quit swtor and play other games. Just a suggestion.
What a great suggestion , fully support you never say I never fully back fellow players.

Actually I was thinking, EA help website has live chat if you can get to it by changing country etc

branmakmuffin
01.11.2014 , 10:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Yeah, people who simplistically say "Get the app for your phone" are the ones with no clue.