Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchased mounts shoud be legacy wide why are they not???!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Purchased mounts shoud be legacy wide why are they not???!!!!

Mistressthunder
01.10.2014 , 10:00 PM | #1
I love the game been playing since beta but im still miffed that purchased mounts are character specific. Why not reward at least subscribers with this perk
There is no such thing as becoming happy. You only become comfortable with your core misery, which is in itself a form of happiness.

MillionsKNives
01.10.2014 , 10:10 PM | #2
Played since beta and missed them adding the collections system?

Pscyon
01.11.2014 , 01:21 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
It's not like they make us aware of the cartel market and anything related to it on a regular basis.
Sith Sorcerer

Transairion
01.11.2014 , 02:07 AM | #4
Quote:
I think he means all Mounts, including quest rewards, unobtainable mounts, all that, not just Cartel Pack mounts.

You can't claim a Korrellias Baron from your Collections after all, even if you're riding around on one.

Sathid
01.11.2014 , 02:08 AM | #5
I have unlocked three mounts Legacy wide only spent a few CC per a mount.

Pscyon
01.11.2014 , 02:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
I think he means all Mounts, including quest rewards, unobtainable mounts, all that, not just Cartel Pack mounts.

You can't claim a Korrellias Baron from your Collections after all, even if you're riding around on one.
Ah. That makes more sense. He doesn't say purchased "on the CM" either.

They should add more unobtainable stuff to the collections system period.
Sith Sorcerer

JattaGin
01.11.2014 , 03:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
They should add more unobtainable stuff to the collections system period.
^^This. Collections should not only be for CM items. For example, I spent months back in the days, farming my RD07a-Spider set. And the Viper set. You know, back in the days when there were not many orange sets available and they were something special. I would like to see such sets added to the collections, too. And yes, all the speeders, too. Nothing (or hardly anything) is special anymore in this game anyway.

However, I think it won't happen. My guess: technical difficulties (limitations in the game engine).

Aries_cz
01.11.2014 , 04:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
My guess: technical difficulties (limitations in the game engine).
Collections are a "simple" system, that has nothing or very little to do with engine. It is a XML file or some database that checks what you have.
So adding stuff to it should not be "that" problematic. The question is if BioWare wants to have non-CM stuff there.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

CrazyMcGee
01.11.2014 , 04:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Collections are a "simple" system, that has nothing or very little to do with engine. It is a XML file or some database that checks what you have.
So adding stuff to it should not be "that" problematic. The question is if BioWare wants to have non-CM stuff there.
BW are really inconsistent with Collections.

Example: someone asked a while ago why the original white crystals weren't in Collections. Dev response: Collections is for CM items. So if you get a Gree Red Sphere vehicle, you can't unlock it for other toons. If you get a Pale Rakling, you can't unlock it. If you get an Avalanche Tank vehicle, you can't unlock it.

Example: In Titles, they have the Founders Medal and the PTS titles. They were never available on the Cartel Market. They have the Razor crystal, they have the Collector's Edition items, they have cartel coin pets that are only available in the US. None have ever been anywhere near the Cartel Market.

So, is it only for Cartel Market items or not? We have the worst of both worlds. You can't get a full Collection, but you can't unlock the items you want.

It's super annoying.

AlexDougherty
01.11.2014 , 04:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
This is true, the main reason is that they would have to enter these mounts into the database for collections, then they would have to add all the old weapons and armour into it as well, because they would have no reason not to.

Even if you limit it to stuff you can currently obtain (thus eliminating mounts, armour and weapons that has been "removed") it's would still be a sizable uptaking, with people complaining that their suff hasn't been added yet.

The main reason is that it's supposed to encourage you to buy stuff off the Cartel Coins, since everything that is sold there unlocks, and thus you can have it on all your toons/alts.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.