Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P restrictions.

Andryah
01.12.2014 , 01:24 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Im sure that might garner some support.
Nope.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Killance
01.12.2014 , 01:25 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
AND.. no you are not supposed to link other MMO forum threads. And especially not a dead link for a thread that clearly was trolling in the other forum. That's called cross trolling. Even mmorpg frowns on it in their forum.

But hey.. now that it no longer exists, maybe you will stop linking it, and actually contribute to the discussion if you are going to post, eh?
It wasn't trolling, Blizzard is considering to put WoW F2P and it was a concerned player saying his opinion on the matter.

I always contribute, just because you personally don't see it as doesn't mean it isn't.

Andryah
01.12.2014 , 01:26 PM | #53
Cross trolling isnt even a real thing. Im pretty sure you just made that term up.
No, it's real. But in order to prove it to you.. I would have to do it (to bring in proof) and I'm not going to do that.

I'm sure you are a regular over at mmorpg. If so.. you know exactly what it means and that even their mods are not tolerant of it.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Spatology
01.12.2014 , 01:29 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
No, it's real. But in order to prove it to you.. I would have to do it (to bring in proof) and I'm not going to do that.

I'm sure you are a regular over at mmorpg. If so.. you know exactly what it means and that even their mods are not tolerant of it.
I dont visit that website, I visited once and it looked pretty shoddy. So i've not returned. Are they cool there?

Also, cross trolling isnt in urban dictionary yet(since in such matters this would be the only verifiable sorce for such info). Better go add it.

Tsillah
01.12.2014 , 01:29 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
I don't really understand this whole thing.

BW and EA are businesses. They are trying to make money. The point of F2P is to lure you in so that you become a subscriber, or at least preferred status. They don't want you to enjoy F2P as a long-term choice. Why would they?

Businesses do not give you stuff for free. That's called a charity and I don't think EA are registered for non-for-profit status.

Try this. Go into a shop and ask them what you can get for $0. Then ask them what you can get for $5. Then ask them what you can get for $15 every month. I think you will find that there are differences in what is available. You'll also find that $15 doesn't buy very much these days and the subscription is cheap.
Except these guys go into a music store and ask for something for free. The person behind the counter says well, you can listen to some CD samples here for free but really it's intended for buyers who want a sample first. Our forum heroes then go on and listen to some CDs and start complaining about the head phones and the seat not being comfortable enough and proceed to ask if they can get a free cup of coffee....

And after I write this little analogy they probably still don't see the problem. Oh well.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

Killance
01.12.2014 , 01:30 PM | #56
I dont visit that website, I visited once and it looked pretty shoddy. So i've not returned. Are they cool there?

Also, cross trolling isnt in urban dictionary yet(since in such matters this would be the only verifiable sorce for such info). Better go add it.
I like you.

DataBeaver
01.12.2014 , 01:49 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
All the responses here from those calling F2P 'beggars' need to have a 7 day ban. Some people can/not afford even a small amount of money, some are kids whose parents may not have enough money to spend on things like this.
Sorry, but this argument just doesn't fly. I've encountered it many times in different ways, and it continues to baffle me. Playing a particular game, even a Star Wars game, is not a basic human right. Entertainment might be - but people have managed to find ways to amuse themselves long before computers existed. There are even completely free computer games, so many that you could spend a lifetime playing them all. This one just isn't one of them.

Hassat-Hunter
01.12.2014 , 06:04 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Killance View Post
Another part of that thread was that you end up paying more for the F2P games than P2P.
No ****, sherlock. Why do you think F2P is so popular these days. It's not because companies are given away free games, that's for sure.

Also going to tell EA (or any publisher) "You should make less money!" is going to fall on deafears. For obvious reasons.
But in return, the few that pay $100 can support the one that wont pay $15. And we all profit. Yet somehow people still f2p and the system as inferior. Without it, TOR wouldn't have grown like it has now, we'd have less new content. Was that what you would like?

harleyandsmokey
01.12.2014 , 06:06 PM | #59
Sub if you don't like the restrictions. Whining won't solve your problems.
|Darkness| Jedi Covenant
Vainele 55 Scoundrel
Ariein 27 Sniper | Seyrith 41 Juggernuat | Tholiran 21 Powertech

DarknessInLight
01.12.2014 , 06:55 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Erasimus View Post
It is not a free game, nor is it a public service of some sort. It is free to play at a very basic level so that if you enjoy the game you will spend money either by subscribing or buying perks.

EA/Bioware is not a charity, it is a publicly traded company that is in business to make money. IMO, making the game really pleasant to play as a free player wouldn't help fund the game nor make EA/Bioware money.
So many F2P clients do not understand this. They are of the entitlement mindset that everything should just be free.

You dont pay for the game itself.

You're allowed to play levels1-50 for free, albeit with limited XP leveling.

In levels 1-50 you have access to pretty much all the same basic abilities and options that a sub has, though some of those are earned later or cost more, etc.,

F2P may not have access to new content right away, but guess what?! That's why people subscribe. To have content that they are PAYING for. Sometimes that means instant access to certain things or perhaps They are the ones really supporting the content and the people that provide it. You may not like that, but it's the truth. It's only 50 cents a day to subscribe. That's roughly 15 dollars a month, less if you subscribe to more than 1 month at a time.

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't subscribe, you really don't have a voice when it comes to complaining about things working/not working. Just my two cents.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu