Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RogueScout
08.20.2014 , 03:09 PM | #491
I bring news from Isengard!

I spoke with Cory Butler, directly - and he said and I quote "Unfortunately, it looks like your being blocked by some XML issues we’re having. The “good news” is that we know what’s wrong and will have it fixed by Friday morning at the latest." This is both good and bad. Good that they at least appear to have an ETA, but bad that it looks as though we could be out of it until Friday.
The Manager Legacy
Produce 55 - Powertech
Restaurant 55 - Juggernaut
Unemployment 55 - Assassin
Pub 55 - Vanguard
Sanitation 55 - Marauder
Account 55 - Sentinel
Seafood 53 - Sorcerer
Hotel - 32 - Guardian
Burlesque - 32 - Shadow
Cafeteria - 52 - Sage
Bakery - 14 - Gunslinger

Koosiyh
08.20.2014 , 03:10 PM | #492
It's not really a character loading problem. I can't even get to the character select screen. Select server and you get this message:

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time"
Error Code 4
Beep

Koosiyh
08.20.2014 , 03:12 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by RogueScout View Post
I bring news from Isengard!

I spoke with Cory Butler, directly - and he said and I quote "Unfortunately, it looks like your being blocked by some XML issues we’re having. The “good news” is that we know what’s wrong and will have it fixed by Friday morning at the latest." This is both good and bad. Good that they at least appear to have an ETA, but bad that it looks as though we could be out of it until Friday.
Thanks for your update.

Friday -_-
Beep

lironBD
08.20.2014 , 03:34 PM | #494
Damn so Saruman is working as tech support for bioware?

Figures...

at any rate at least they know there is a problem and they will fix it in 48 hours time frame sounds good to me.

Just get me free 2 days subscription as compensation.. I paid for 30 days they admitted there was a problem from their end so gimme free day.
*trollface*
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

elendiil
08.20.2014 , 04:06 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by Koosiyh View Post
It's not really a character loading problem. I can't even get to the character select screen. Select server and you get this message:

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time"
Error Code 4
Yes that about sums up my experiences on the Progenitor Server.....

Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
Damn so Saruman is working as tech support for bioware?

Figures...

at any rate at least they know there is a problem and they will fix it in 48 hours time frame sounds good to me.

Just get me free 2 days subscription as compensation.. I paid for 30 days they admitted there was a problem from their end so gimme free day.
*trollface*
And heck I would say giving a few days free subscription for those effected or just as a thing wouldn't be too bad considering how many are affected by this lol.
Darth Ashwalkér - SWTOR.
New To Roleplaying? Need A Hand? Just Ask Or Message Me.

Fireborne
08.20.2014 , 05:13 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Koosiyh View Post

Error Code 4
Having this same issue for my characters on Jedi Covenant, however my characters on other servers I can get on and play no problem. Noticed problem when I got home from work around 5PM EST, was working when I left the house at 11:15am EST.

jamiemulv
08.20.2014 , 05:30 PM | #497
any updates on when this will be fixed ?

wait 10 mins for the sever list to show up tried logging into my main sever
The Red Eclipse
just got that message saying they are unavailable

have been unable to play all day, cant believe im paying for a game i cant play !

and the last update from bioware was wait they haven't got back to any of us no updates anywhere

do they even realize there is a problem or are they just sitting on there asses sleeping

twkusn
08.20.2014 , 05:46 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by jamiemulv View Post
any updates on when this will be fixed ?

wait 10 mins for the sever list to show up tried logging into my main sever
The Red Eclipse
just got that message saying they are unavailable

have been unable to play all day, cant believe im paying for a game i cant play !

and the last update from bioware was wait they haven't got back to any of us no updates anywhere

do they even realize there is a problem or are they just sitting on there asses sleeping
If you read above, you will see an update seeing that they got back to someone. But thanks for just jumping on them without double checking the facts!

jamiemulv
08.20.2014 , 05:54 PM | #499
o I'm sorry the post from over 12 hours ago yeah that was so useful asking what sever I was on and how long I waited.

That was completely useless it offers no information and the other post saying it could take up to Friday for a fix which is second hand information not even from a bioware account is a joke if you call that an update !

They have given no useful information no updates, they have not even said sorry to the players

so why don't you check your facts !

all I want is a update from a bioware rep and I would be happy waiting but just the sheer lack of information is what is pissing me off

just UPDATE US PLZ

chibiseira
08.20.2014 , 06:30 PM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireborne View Post
Having this same issue for my characters on Jedi Covenant, however my characters on other servers I can get on and play no problem. Noticed problem when I got home from work around 5PM EST, was working when I left the house at 11:15am EST.
Same, except closer to 8pm and was working at 10:30am. Really would like to be crafting and raiding right now and taking advantage of the new patch, so not happy.
<GAF> <Dark Eclipse>
Jasma'n 55 Combat MedicEtara 55 Sawbones
Snohe 55 Balance SageThrëë 55 Assault Vanguard

Kryndell 55 Bodyguard MercenarySeiyra 55 Medicine Operative