Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Soyousay
03.19.2014 , 10:47 PM | #171
Since the last broken patch I can not log in to any server in the normal way.
Most of the chars I play are on harbringer or whatever its called.
None of my settings, hardware, software has changed just your flawed patch update.

After contacting the customer service by phone (not free at my expense) I ended up trying to solve it myself not what I expect as a subscriber buy hey.

I found that if I download the client fix (use it multiple times and cross my fingers and clicked my heels three times) I sometimes get into the game.

I can access the last server I played before the patch "Harbringer" but can not switch servers unless I do not actually enter Harbringer. It is completely random because before this evening ie 04.30GMT if I switched servers at the log in screen I got the server is about to go into maintenance mode error code yet tonight I managed to switch.

For people who wish to do the work of the devs you can try this work around.
1.Log in your username: pass
2 If all you get is spinning circle icon bottom right alt ctrl del cancel the process
3 download the client fix from this forum if you do not have it and apply it multiple times till it works for you.

When I contacted a GM in game for some direction on this issue I got a extremely poor template email with absolutely no info. It was completely obvious they did not read my detailed ticket as none of the issues I raised were even referred to in the email.

So simply the patch is broken not changes on my PC I am near the end of my 2 month Sub so renewal would be almost laughable.

Also please dont close tickets that have not been read. Answering tickets with a copy paste blanket answer is not customer service.
If I detail a ticket I at least expect the GM to read the details of the ticket and to respond to some if not all of the details my time is valuable too.
The last ticket I raised answered by Droid MO-TO aka Mark was an insult to my intelligence and was cearly a copy paste.

OK HERE IS MY SOLUTIONS IF YOU WISH TO TRY THEM

QUICK METHOD
when you sign in and get a constantly spinning icon bottom left click it wait a bit click it again it should apply the launcher repair and get you in if not try the solution below.

IF YOU WANT TO TRY DELETING THE CACHE YOU CAN DO THIS FIRST (OPTIONAL)
(you will lose all your in game settings)

At windows search copy paste below press

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\SWTOR

1. Delete the CrashDump folder.

2. Now open the next SWTOR which is inside the original SWTOR folder,
Delete: DiskCacheStatic and DiskCacheStream

3. Now go to where Star Wars is installed onto your machine, then open the SWTOR folder inside it,
Delete: DiskCacheArena

Then make sure that SWOTR is not running in your processes ctrl+alt+del cancel SWOTR if the process is running or restart machine whatevers easier for you.

RUN THE PATCH FIX BELOW MAKING SURE YOU RUN IT WITH Admin Privileges
right-click file in the drop down menu choose the run as administrator and run file if it says overwrite then thats a yes. Do this as many times as needed to get into the game.
Yes it is a disgrace but hey thats all MMO's for you and poor patch testing

The patch repair file if you dont have it below
http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/Lau...ityP1.76.2.exe

Good Luck and hope any of this works for you till we get a working patch.

achwas
03.29.2014 , 03:39 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi all,

We are continuing to investigate reports of players who are unable to login to certain characters. We understand the frustrations that these issues can cause and we're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

To help us look into this, there's some steps we'd like you to take and some information that we'd like you to provide below.

If you have a character that is affected by this please attempt to log into the character that’s having the issue and wait at least 10 minutes for the character to log in – even if the cog stops spinning.

If you are able to login:
  • How long did it take?
  • Where were you when you logged in? (Planet/Area)

If you were not able to login;
  • How long did you wait?
  • Which server are you characters located on?
  • Are all your characters affected?

Thanks for your patience thus far.
Cannot login. Reinstalled complete system (including windows 7) reinstalled all drivers, , downloaded the game twice.. Computer is easily handling the recommended specifications, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 650, I7 core - and is running smoothly and reliably on everything else. Also restored the computer to previous condition via restore point.

Tried of all of your pass-arounds (deletethis or that) at least twice.

Reinstalled the whole game into a new Folder each time

Stuck on Splashscreen - nearly forever (until the computer finally gets crashed by the game. YES CRASHED. Tried this twice, logging in overnight, found the computer stuck to bluescreen or in reboot). I can guarantee, I cannot log in at the moment

Before last Tuesday, everything worked fine.

I really don't ike being patient beyond three days of wasting my time trying to get this to run.

And yes, since I never get to see the list. (server selection or character choice ). ALL of my characters are affected

LordOfTheTroops
04.03.2014 , 12:50 PM | #173
Hi all,

We are continuing to investigate reports of players who are unable to login to certain characters. We understand the frustrations that these issues can cause and we're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

To help us look into this, there's some steps we'd like you to take and some information that we'd like you to provide below.

If you have a character that is affected by this please attempt to log into the character that’s having the issue and wait at least 10 minutes for the character to log in – even if the cog stops spinning.

• How long did it take?

• How long did you wait?

Server is Jedi Covenant.9 or 8 chars.Can login into game but not chars or servers since they won't load.Cog spinning for a min,then for a min it freezes,then about 10 seconds after it starts spinning,server selection comes up, but no server.Been likes this since 2.7 came out.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=692775
And I was going to uninstall and re-install but is there any other way? I know how to keep my chars saved but is there any other way?

Siegers
04.06.2014 , 01:31 PM | #174
I'm still not able to log into ANY server at all, I have 2 characters on Red Epclipse, 2 on T3-M4 and 1 on The Progenitor. All of my characters are affected. And I've waited around 30 minutes before being logged out due to inactivity.

Dreaven
04.08.2014 , 08:00 PM | #175
Unable to log in, from the launcher. Says the login service is unavailable. Tried fixlauncher, and giving it time, but to no avail. Unsure what to do next.

Dodgefella
04.08.2014 , 08:16 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreaven View Post
Unable to log in, from the launcher. Says the login service is unavailable. Tried fixlauncher, and giving it time, but to no avail. Unsure what to do next.
same for me.. did the fix launcher..and nothing

At an end your rule is, and not soon enough it was

XandeKitts
04.09.2014 , 08:44 PM | #177
Character logged out over two hours ago and stuck looking at the loading screen with a continuous spinning cog. Tried clicking the cog and waited. Nothing. My connection for everything else is fine, so I closed the game and tried to log in. Various states of spinning cog and one time I got a choose server screen with no servers. So I exited and tried the fix launcher file. Now when I try to login the launcher is being updated for the an entire hour long episode on tv. Gotta love updates; bugs and skill tree resets.

arclarkk
04.11.2014 , 08:43 PM | #178
Ever since the patch on Monday I have not been able to log in for more than five minutes at a time. Every time I try to log in I either get error 4001 or I get in, get to see my characters and immediately get error 9000. At first I thought it was my computer, but everything else worked fine. Than I thought it was my internet. I called my provider they came out to take a look and fixed whatever they could but still nothing. This is very frustrating considering I've had to go through the same cut scene at least fifty times, because the game closes mid-conversation. As I said this has gone on for almost a week and I have tried every troubleshooting step I found. This isn't the first time I've had trouble. It always seems that after a new patch is released I have problems. Please if anyone can provide any answers or possible solutions I would be grateful..

VetSergeant
04.12.2014 , 06:21 PM | #179
Just finished downloading the update and now I unfortunately am joining many of you who cannot even choose a server, let alone any of my characters. I even clicked the Customer Service ticket option and it said "updating" and no other buttons work to even allow me to put in a ticket.

Also, has anyone gotten any responses from the customer service folks on this forum about this issue, other than the canned statement at the beginning saying they where having trouble?

At 1932, CDT, I have called the customer support number, wait time of 30 minutes. Also, noticed that it's not even a 1-800 number, so in addition to having a crappy roll out of a patch, EA is charging each of us to fix it.
VetSergeant out.

jonray
04.14.2014 , 06:39 AM | #180
Hi all,

• How long did it take?

• How long did you wait?

Unable to login to my characters at all. I log in to the character select screen but there is no menu for me to change character or server. I was able to log on to one character but all of the task bars shrunk so I had logged out and have not been able to log in since then.