Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[IMPORTANT] Character Loading Issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Djuna
02.17.2014 , 12:25 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Some extra info - this only affects my 55 Sorc, and I was able to log in on her twice today before everything went kablooey. Trouble was, she was rooted to the spot on the fleet, showing 1 health and with a log-in safety buff that would not go away. There was also a red x in the connection strength box on the mini-map. So I rebooted my pc, restarted my router, ran a repair through the launcher, and now can't get past the loading screen if I choose her at character select. The bar goes to less than 25% and sticks there. The cog is still spinning. Been looking at it for 45 minutes. Looks like it's Alt-F4 time.
And my ISP are muppets - all fine today.

TULIO
02.17.2014 , 03:29 PM | #112
Cant log into my account it says: Log in Service is currently unnavailable. Please check twitter account, but nothin says in twitter.

Its not a password issue cuz i have log into the webpage account.

All my toons on The Bastion server

ISSUE SOLVED TY

Lord_Saska
02.19.2014 , 11:18 AM | #113
At first couldn't log into the game, client just closed to desktop, after 2nd time the third one let me login into my Sith Juggernaut Lv36. After log out to change my character got another crash to desktop.
Tried to restart the game client... unfortunately got the same informayion like user above : Log in Service is currently unnavailable. Please check twitter account, but nothin says in twitter.

... any ideas what happened?
subscriber since pre-order - first time issue

corinaexport
02.19.2014 , 04:00 PM | #114
Hi all!

As of this morning, I am unable to access my player account properly. On log in the issues are the following:

1. The game loads....forever, and thats pretty much it, nothing else happens.
2. If I am able to magically access the character section the game shuts down immediatly.
3. If I try to log in on another computer, like my laptop, it simply says there are no servers available and indeed the server screen is blank.

My questions are these...

1. I am a subscriber, do I get a refund or the next subscription for free?
2. when will I be able to log on and play properly again?

Greetings and Good Luck/
Corinaexport.

native_boy
02.19.2014 , 04:40 PM | #115
hi i seem to be having a problem with lagging today. and i mean severe lagging, normally this doesn't happen, but today it happens every time i log in. My character will be able to move only a few steps before the server randomly lags. i am a paying customer and i am not satisfied with this.

shadwale
02.19.2014 , 11:32 PM | #116
Please do something about this!
I am having a lot of problems whith logging in both today and yesterday. It say that loginserver is unavailable and that i should look at twitter for more info, but on twitter there is no info at all.

Have tried to log in about 25 times this morning with no luck. Servers obviously working as my wife, sitting next to me; have no problems whatsoever logging in to her account...

corinaexport
02.20.2014 , 01:41 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi all,

We are continuing to investigate reports of players who are unable to login to certain characters. We understand the frustrations that these issues can cause and we're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

To help us look into this, there's some steps we'd like you to take and some information that we'd like you to provide below.

If you have a character that is affected by this please attempt to log into the character that’s having the issue and wait at least 10 minutes for the character to log in – even if the cog stops spinning.

If you are able to login:
  • How long did it take?
  • Where were you when you logged in? (Planet/Area)

If you were not able to login;
  • How long did you wait?
  • Which server are you characters located on?
  • Are all your characters affected?

Thanks for your patience thus far.
To answer to the questions above, If I am able to log in, the log in takes about 10-15 minutes, the game shuts down when I reach the character section, I only get a glance at the characters for 1.2 seconds, I get some kind of error message that says your game will now shut down. So yes, all my characters are affected. I play on "The red eclipse server" PVE. Either this happens or I log in and get "No servers are available" message, and the only option then is to hit the quit button. The third scenario is I can`t log in at all, the game just loads forever, I waited for an hour yesterday for the loading and then my computer "crashed", as in the whole computer frooze and I had to force restart by holding in the on/off button on my computer.

/corinaexport

TheLifeTree
02.20.2014 , 02:45 AM | #118
The Shadowlands
after I log in at the launch tab, my game is stuck at the loading phase that loads the character screen, its been loading for about 20min now.

GaxyExport
02.20.2014 , 05:36 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi all,

We are continuing to investigate reports of players who are unable to login to certain characters. We understand the frustrations that these issues can cause and we're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

To help us look into this, there's some steps we'd like you to take and some information that we'd like you to provide below.

If you have a character that is affected by this please attempt to log into the character that’s having the issue and wait at least 10 minutes for the character to log in – even if the cog stops spinning.

If you are able to login:
  • How long did it take?
  • Where were you when you logged in? (Planet/Area)

If you were not able to login;
  • How long did you wait?
  • Which server are you characters located on?
  • Are all your characters affected?

Thanks for your patience thus far.
Until error message 1 sec I cant even get into lobby

Red Eclipse

Yes
'If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.'

Ardusav
02.20.2014 , 09:10 AM | #120
I get to the log in screen and put in my password. Then my computer works for about 3 seconds and nothing ever comes up. No loading screen. Nothing. I am a subscriber and I run windows 8.1. Any solutions? If not are the subscribers going to be compensated? I do not get many days off and this is very aggrevating for someone who plays for free much less those of us who pay.
Galactic Delivery Corp Where a slightly less than honorable Captain feels at home. (Smuggler RP guild)