Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

take away the need button for wrong classes

Labello-Man
12.25.2011 , 07:15 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Eluu View Post
If you need instance gear for your companion to viably solo while being at the correct level for your leveling zone, you are bad.
If you need instance gear at all to viably solo, you are bad.

Most green stuff are viable...

"Need" = want it, because it makes you more powerful, not because it is a necessity.
This is my signature.

Labello-Man
12.25.2011 , 07:18 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Iznigoe View Post
People rolling need on an item for a companion receive an instant kick from my group and probably get added to my ignore list.
People with this attitude will get added to my ignore list. Who are you? The High Commissioner of SWTOR morality?
This is my signature.

Zeuxus
12.25.2011 , 08:40 AM | #83
Wow, you guys honestly value your companion's gear over other REAL player's upgrades.

Selfish p r i c ks from my eyes.

Vaestmannaeyjar
12.25.2011 , 08:47 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Geekcheck View Post
And I will continue to enable Master Looter.
Enable master looter and fnd yourself another healer.
I press the need button when...I need the item to equip, whether me or the companion I actively use most of the time.
The game rules don't specific any other limitations, you want to apply some home rules for looting, power to you, but don't expect people to want to group you *again* when you shaft them with master looter.
It's not WoW, you stay on the same server and you'll grow a reputation fast. Companions are part of the game, live with it.

snooggums
12.25.2011 , 09:40 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeuxus View Post
Wow, you guys honestly value your companion's gear over other REAL player's upgrades.

I have different gearing ideas than you do, so your attitude shows that you are a selfish spoiled brat who says 'That's MY LOOT' when someone else clicks Need.

You are the selfish one.

Labello-Man
12.25.2011 , 10:32 AM | #86

Have you bothered to read this thread at all? As mentioned earlier, my companion doesn't live his own life and pursue his own career. He is a part of my gaming experience, me the "REAL" player. The companion could have been a buff, a weapon, an ability, a skill, or whatever, but as it is in this game, the damage/healing output added, is made by a companion. I bet you hadn't reacted to this if I needed the item for an ability enhancement...

I agree with the above poster too.
This is my signature.

Malchiro
12.25.2011 , 11:41 AM | #87
I roleplay a sith, therefore I'm entitled to roll need for anything.

TYBERzan
12.25.2011 , 11:51 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by jHats View Post
Companions NEED to be geared, especially for higher levels. I will continue to roll need on gear for companions.
I agree, and fyi poster my companion is more important to me than you, so I will get the gear that is best.

TYBERzan
12.25.2011 , 11:53 AM | #89

My companion stays with me, other players do not, they basicly are EXTENSIONS of you.

Schneidend
12.25.2011 , 12:00 PM | #90
You should roll Greed for companion upgrades. End of story. That is, unless you ask the group if it's okay to roll Need on it for your companion and they agree.

Companions are secondary. They didn't contribute to killing the mob/boss. Players did. Players come first.

Needing on non-class gear without a heads-up would be a definite /groupkick for me.