Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

take away the need button for wrong classes

Bourdon
12.23.2011 , 12:42 AM | #21
never will I agree that your computer companion will get more out of gear than a real person. video game ethics people....

ryancwn
12.23.2011 , 12:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
Have some respect for other players, and if they need something, don't roll need for your companion. You are just being selfish. The world doesn't revolve around you. I know for a fact that your companion DOESN'T need to be flashpoint/drop geared in order to level up efficiently. If you think this is the case, revise your tactics because you probably just aren't good at the game.
People who think only they entitle to the loot because they choose a class and can use the loot being selfish or those who think he should entitle to a loot he worked for and wanted it and can use it for w/e reason is being selfish?

I know there are people who will roll need on everything. But there are also people who will only roll need on things he needed.

SsQNemrod
12.23.2011 , 12:57 AM | #23
People won't learn regardless of how much talk there is about this issue on the forums. But as there is no cross server LFG tool I think the problem will go away very fast. If all the ninjas will get /ignored they just have to adapt.

Also what occured to me yesterday while doing a couple of heroic missions, alot of players are quite young. Some very strange whispers, players not knowing what crowd control is, loot rules, focus fire, marking targets. With just a little education and clear loot rules many problems can be solved very easily.

Goatwarlord
12.23.2011 , 02:20 AM | #24
Yes, please do this.

Just got out of Hammer Station with a jerk bounty hunter that kept needing everything.

DAntiVirus
12.23.2011 , 02:51 AM | #25
I agree about the companion part. I made the mistake tonight about that. I admit, it was my fault. So I offered the item to one of the players that needed it. I also have group with loot ninja's which really annoyed me but live and learn.

Though I do have one issue, two heroic 4 missions and two flashpoints I did tonight. All 4 with the same party, Gunslinger (me), Trooper, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Sentinel. Not one single item from all those missions/flashpoint was something I could use as a Gunslinger. It was all stuff that the Trooper, Knight, and Sentinel could use and had stat bonuses they needed. Seriously, not one single item. What are the odds of that?

I found that rather annoying and frustrating. All that work and not one single item I could use as a Gunslinger.

Amelyssan
12.23.2011 , 03:36 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
never will I agree that your computer companion will get more out of gear than a real person. video game ethics people....
And by this we have concluded through 7 years of raiding in wow that there are none.

What there IS though, is you & master loot. And guildies/friends.

if you run pugs you are on your own.
Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever.

Maraxuss
12.23.2011 , 06:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jHats View Post
Companions NEED to be geared, especially for higher levels. I will continue to roll need on gear for companions.
Tool much?

are you saying your companion comes before an active player. If so i stand by statement.

This is also why server blacklist exist...people get known for doing this and no one will run with them anymore. So to the people that do this, the m,ore you do it, the faster you'll be blacklisted....so you might get a ton cool loot from black talon, but you will never ever be invited to an eternity vault, because your name is known.

Remember there is no lfg tool in this game like wow.....you have a rep, get a bad one on your server and your screwed.
Vaevictis: Juggernaught 50 Maraxus: Powertech 50 Icebreaker: Commando 50

I Find Your Lack Of Win Disturbing...May The Fail Be With You...

ZeroNeutral
12.23.2011 , 06:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
While it is bad manners, and I do not encourage it.

People are selecting need because they do need it ... but they need it for their companion.

Until we get a companion need option between need and greed, people are free to selected need for companion gear, because you cannot viably solo without a properly geared companion (unless you are overleveled).
Need - Need (Companion) - Greed

GREAT idea bud.

Need > Need (Companion) > Greed

Somehow it sounds too ideal. Too simple of a solution, or is it just perfect?

With the Need (Companion) option available... it would be possible to grey out the actual need button if the player's main character cannot use the item. This means that people who can use the item can roll Need but the person who just wants to ninja for their companion has to roll Need (Companion,) thereby giving priority to those who need the item... (this is assuming that the person who rolls Need (Companion,) can't use the item.)

On the other hand, I don't see how it would be fair to grey out the Need option, without inserting this Need (Companion,) option, since then it makes it impossible for certain players to roll Need on items for certain companions.
You gained 5 affection with Xalek.
Xalek: "Nice."

Ghorsh
12.23.2011 , 07:25 AM | #29
Problem with need(companion) button is that you don't know if that person REALLY needs that item for companion. So, soon, the need(companion) button could become greed button.

They should just grey the need button for classes that can't use the item.
↑2

snooggums
12.23.2011 , 07:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghorsh View Post
Problem with need(companion) button is that you don't know if that person REALLY needs that item for companion. So, soon, the need(companion) button could become greed button.

They should just grey the need button for classes that can't use the item.
They helped down the boss, so why is it your business what they need the item for?

Loot bags needs to be an option for every grouping situation, all you greedy 'player first or blacklist' jerks are keeping the companion system from being fully realized.