Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

take away the need button for wrong classes

ademnus
12.22.2011 , 05:46 PM | #1
3 times in a row now ive lost my class armor in flashpoints because people dont read the stats and just hit need. If a certain class'' stats do not match the item, make the NEED button be greyed out. They can always GREED on any item for their companions or to vendor if no one who can actually use the item needs it.

This would solve an awful lot of conflicts.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

AngelousWang
12.22.2011 , 05:53 PM | #2
While it is bad manners, and I do not encourage it.

People are selecting need because they do need it ... but they need it for their companion.

Until we get a companion need option between need and greed, people are free to selected need for companion gear, because you cannot viably solo without a properly geared companion (unless you are overleveled).
CE VIP

jHats
12.22.2011 , 06:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang656566
While it is bad manners, and I do not encourage it.

People are selecting need because they do need it ... but they need it for their companion.

Until we get a companion need option between need and greed, people are free to selected need for companion gear, because you cannot viably solo without a properly geared companion (unless you are overleveled).
Companions NEED to be geared, especially for higher levels. I will continue to roll need on gear for companions.
Dump Truck
Emperium - Prophecy of the Five

Superdru
12.22.2011 , 06:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jHats656907
Companions NEED to be geared, especially for higher levels. I will continue to roll need on gear for companions.
If you suck yeah, I guess they NEED to be.

BESasquotch
12.22.2011 , 06:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Superdru View Post
If you suck yeah, I guess they NEED to be.
That's kind of harsh don't you think. I too hit NEED for my companion who needs to be properly geared since I'm playing the game firstly for the story. Right now there's not a whole lot of people at level 30 or above so the best gear is crucial.

Mavery
12.22.2011 , 07:04 PM | #6
I'm amazed by the selfishness of players here.

Did your companion contribute to the boss kill? I doubt he/she did. As such, he/she should not be entitled to loot.

If your companion was out for the boss kill, I have no problem with you rolling need for him/her.

I can't wait until people start blacklisting people who roll need for companions.

Geekcheck
12.22.2011 , 07:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jHats View Post
And I will continue to enable Master Looter. Anyone who rolls NEED for a Companion over an actual player who can use it, get kicked automatically. Doing so is the most selfish thing you can do and I for one have no qualms telling people who do. I lost out on 2 pieces of BH gear for my Powertech because, some idiot decided his Companion needed more than I did.

No virtual character should come before the needs of an actual player character.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love (1963)

Matieu
12.22.2011 , 08:51 PM | #8
Agreed. It annoys me when a Jedi Knight clicks need for an item that has a main stat of cunning... I'm a Smuggler. Still, you get past it. I click greed if it's for a companion, and those who I quest with often do as well. Quest with friends.
Matieu Khai Smuggler for hire.
Matieu... 50 Scoundrel.-- Kai'ne... 50 Sentinel
Mateyu... 50 Trooper -- Cai'ne... 50 Operative
Valin... 50 Gunslinger

jchutch
12.22.2011 , 09:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Geekcheck View Post
And I will continue to enable Master Looter. Anyone who rolls NEED for a Companion over an actual player who can use it, get kicked automatically. Doing so is the most selfish thing you can do and I for one have no qualms telling people who do. I lost out on 2 pieces of BH gear for my Powertech because, some idiot decided his Companion needed more than I did.

No virtual character should come before the needs of an actual player character.
I am already your friend. you said it better than I could. I also agree that they should make the need button go grey or disappear if you cannot use it.

Bosseking
12.22.2011 , 09:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jHats View Post
I cannot believe my eyes. Have you seriously rolled need for an item someone else needed for a companion? Holy hell, that would be insta kick if I was a grp leader.