Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Old Republic Insider January 2014

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Old Republic Insider January 2014
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
01.10.2014 , 03:58 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Watch the latest Insider Video, now live, as producers offer an inside look at exciting Galactic Starfighter updates, new Cartel Market items and more coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Costello
01.10.2014 , 06:06 PM | #2
There was talk in the video that we would be seeing new things in January? Is it a hint that the Rakghoul plague will be coming this month?

Rasen
01.10.2014 , 06:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
There was talk in the video that we would be seeing new things in January? Is it a hint that the Rakghoul plague will be coming this month?
Not a hint. It's confirmed! Those tunnels they showed are where parts of the event take place. Looks like the plague spreads once more in January. Now I'm just hoping you guys will give us another seperate post from a big wig about the future of the game going into the spring and the status on nightmare operations and the new operation story line. Thanks all!

sandisrd
01.10.2014 , 06:42 PM | #4
Greetings,

New Flashpoint, new area in fleet relating to already amazing Starfighter, new event (likely Rakghoul plague), new stuff on Cartel market, com'on this is incredible, thank you very much Bioware...

Best regards!.
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

Bourbans
01.10.2014 , 06:51 PM | #5
So excited for the Rakghoul Resurgence Event! Been waiting for it. Mid January is like next week so hopefully we get some more info soon.
Founder of The Crusaders Gaming Community
TheCrusaders - Jung Ma - Sith Empire Guild
http://thecrusadersgaming.webs.com/

Callaron
01.10.2014 , 07:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bourbans View Post
So excited for the Rakghoul Resurgence Event! Been waiting for it. Mid January is like next week so hopefully we get some more info soon.
They'll probably start building up to it.
Maybe Courtney will treat us to some more awesome articles.
I'm also curious about how the new "tactical FP" will work, considering the 15-55 level range...
Will it match up people who are within a certain level range of each other? Or pull from the entire pool and do some kind of sidekicking/scaling la City of Heroes & Guild Wars 2?
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

DarkIntelligence
01.10.2014 , 07:39 PM | #7
UGH!!! Another insider and still no word on the hood toggle that was promised years ago now!!! All I want is to be able to put up the hood on my sorcerer's robe after having it in the down position for over two years! I mean for crying out loud by now they could have just made a copy of every hooded piece of armor with both an up and a down version. I am so I can't even enjoy the new stuff that's coming.

Just do this one thing people have been asking for and you've been promising for the better part of two years now! Just do it or I will go all UNLIMITED POWA on you!!!
The Dark Side of the Force is my only master, the search for power, my only quest.
___________________________________________ _______________________________________

NelsonKuat
01.10.2014 , 07:52 PM | #8
My homeworld Kuat, is all that I need so marvelous

Atrabilious
01.10.2014 , 08:28 PM | #9
Still waiting on RP update...

DarthDymond
01.10.2014 , 08:52 PM | #10
Noooooo! I hope they have a broad definition of "mid-January" for the Rak Event and it comes out on the 21st, I'll be out of town the week of the 14th and my laptop can't run SWTOR for ****.

Other than that, this stuff looks awesome. Really interested to see how much variation we get in the "Tactical Flashpoint" and how well that new model of FP goes over - it certainly sounds like a great approach.

Other than that, here's hoping the Bombers were sufficiently nerfed and I'm definitely looking forward to the influx of players we'll get in GSF as it opens to Preferred and F2P.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain