Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Promotions: Jorgen or Dorne?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Promotions: Jorgen or Dorne?

jbuschell
05.05.2012 , 04:57 AM | #21
Even though I am pursuing a romance with Dorne, I'm promoting Jorgen because he's qualified, got screwed over when I got promoted over him and he's a good loyal soldier
E-Thuggin since 1987

Kaigen
05.05.2012 , 08:18 AM | #22
The fun thing is, if you level up a Consular, Lt. Iresso mentions Jorgan in one of his conversations. He has a few choice words about Jorgan's particular style of command.

jbuschell
05.05.2012 , 09:32 AM | #23
Iresso is a terrible companion imo
E-Thuggin since 1987

erei
05.05.2012 , 10:10 AM | #24
Promoted Jorgan. I was romancing Elera, and I don't promote someone because I'm with her. Also, Jorgan is more experienced, and already had an officer rank before. Elera is all about rules. As officer she will serve the same goal than the "republic trooper handbook, field edition N127". I don't need an handbook. I need someone who can react quickly, take decision on the field, and forget the rules when needed.
Also, promote whoever you want, except some affection point when promoting, there is no effect later during the game.

dewayne
05.05.2012 , 10:45 PM | #25
i promoted Dorne. Catface decided to say something bout command at the beginning of act 2. He also was to caught up in his disappear of being demoted.
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Canmore
05.06.2012 , 04:39 AM | #26
evertime i go try bang elara now all she says is acknowledged sir , should never have married her i guess =p

i promoted dorne cause your xo needs to understand regulations to keep the squad away from beauracratic interferance , jorgan would end up getting havoc squad tied up in red tape when we need to be out there wining the war

Jasonreiyn
05.06.2012 , 07:50 PM | #27
Even though I romanced Elara I promoted Aric since in my opinion a tactical assault unit shouldn't have a medical person as their XO. I lost 1 point of affection with Elara though she didn't "say" anything about that through the rest of the storyarc.
Light, Dark, I'm the one with the assault cannon.

KtheN
05.06.2012 , 08:48 PM | #28
I haven't gotten to this part yet but I intend to promote Jorgan. I just feel really bad how the actions of Tavus lost him his officer's position and put him under the command of someone he had recently been ordering around. Not to mention that he's experienced, loyal, and hates imps!
"Star Wars crap is the best crap of all"

-me

Delidumrul
05.07.2012 , 06:56 AM | #29
as it happens same in real life I promoted the one I cud have in bed, so that was Dorne

kuey
05.07.2012 , 07:03 AM | #30
Jorgan. Whilst he was a major a-hole in the start (I let him die a few times just for self satisfaction), I couldn't stand Dorne. M1 4X has more of a personality than she does.