Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Bomber Class Starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Bomber Class Starfighter
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

orangefishboy
01.15.2014 , 04:25 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by ODTONE View Post
One of the reasons i do it mainly in tickets is exactly because of people like you, no time or energy to waste on dumb superficial replies in these forums all the time, rather have droid tb303 reply than a reply from you.
You know you can post something on the forums and then never look back at it?

TaintedMustard
01.19.2014 , 07:16 PM | #72
Yes! Let's add more ways for gunships to be unassailable! Already they can fire a single ion beam and prevent any ship in the game aside from another gunship from counter-attacking, or barrel roll away into open space if someone actually DOES close with them, so why not let them sit behind a barrier of mines, too?

orangefishboy
01.19.2014 , 10:34 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by TaintedMustard View Post
Yes! Let's add more ways for gunships to be unassailable! Already they can fire a single ion beam and prevent any ship in the game aside from another gunship from counter-attacking, or barrel roll away into open space if someone actually DOES close with them, so why not let them sit behind a barrier of mines, too?
Yeah, because everyone flying a gunship uses barrel roll, and no one kills gunships. You know gunships have very precise tunnel vision when firing, and very few short range defenses? Just because a bomber can put one mine next to the gunship doesn't mean that it'll even survive long enough to place a second, and no one should have to get within 1000 meters to hit a gunship.

DewyMossEmpire
01.21.2014 , 10:47 AM | #74
Not looking forward to this. Gunships already take a minimal amount of skill, even a naked one with Ions & a Slug Rail can down ships in a couple of shots. Now Bombers, where 99% of its abilities are automated traps? Give me a break. I love GSF, & I love dogfighting with my Strike Fighters & Scouts. But the last thing we need are more Snipers. If I wanted junk like that I'll go play an FPS.

This is a bad idea.

ciancolin
01.22.2014 , 02:49 PM | #75
This seems like a REALLY awesome ship coming out ! Thank Bioware!!!

ciancolin
01.23.2014 , 05:03 PM | #76
Can't wait for this cool new ship! I'm saving up my fleet inquisition just to get one! Thanks Bioware you're cool!

mechanism-of-war
01.29.2014 , 05:50 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by orangefishboy View Post
I looked at the suggestion threads you've started: none. There is no option to write a suggestion ticket, and you can't get agreement and support for your idea if no one knows about it. There is a new Flashpoint coming out in February, a new WZ at some point, and if you look at Facebook, an event is coming sometime soon. Maybe you would have gotten thousands of supporters had you posted on the forums about stealth detection for gunslinger/sniper, and the only people who could possibly be happy about that are PvPers, but I don't know if they are, because I don't PvP, just like you apparently don't know that PvE players don't care about stealth detection for snipers.
At some point ODTONE must be off topic for the main theme..... the quality of the game. If don't like the updates SWTOR has to offer, then quit this game and complain someplace else.
Mechanics Acknowledgment

Hailed and honoring the Galactic Republic.

Nomaad
01.30.2014 , 09:07 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by ciancolin View Post
Can't wait for this cool new ship! I'm saving up my fleet inquisition just to get one! Thanks Bioware you're cool!
BW fan boy much? Do you even play gsf? GSF is so broken that the devs are just letting this ride and don't seem to give 2 ***** about it.
It's never what it is, only what it can be.

Ded'i

Aries_cz
01.30.2014 , 09:21 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomaad View Post
BW fan boy much? Do you even play gsf? GSF is so broken that the devs are just letting this ride and don't seem to give 2 ***** about it.
How is it broken? That you are not winning?
Some stuff and builds are overpowered, but that is a question of balancing it further
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

OddballEasyEight
01.30.2014 , 10:21 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
How is it broken? That you are not winning?
Some stuff and builds are overpowered, but that is a question of balancing it further
I'm willing to bet he is one of those who think the entire concept of gunships is OP and should not be allowed...
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds