Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Developer Update: Bomber Class Starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Bomber Class Starfighter
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

agamemnon-'s Avatar


agamemnon-
01.09.2014 , 12:39 PM | #11
How about we get a game mode where we can actually bomb stuff in our bomber instead of playing glorified gunship "capture the flag in space"

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
01.09.2014 , 12:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
Looks like they have not seen any fundamental change from closed beta, which means they're about to ruin GSF again.
90% of the time any nerf that happens in an MMO consists of reducing the stats of an ability, not removing entire mechanics altogether - I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach to what the final product looks like in play.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.09.2014 , 12:40 PM | #13
Yikes even from the Dev Blog these sound really OP. Basing on this blog alone I see no reason to even try to fight a bomber on my scout.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

CmdrShpd's Avatar


CmdrShpd
01.09.2014 , 12:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Katushe View Post
I know that admitting to have made a mistake is hard, but please... PLEASEEE!!!!

When will you stop with this GS nonsense and come back to the game?

Again... PLEASE!!!
Judging from the queue times on my server at least, there was no mistake. Many people, myself included, greatly enjoy this "nonsense." You can pretend that we don't if it makes you feel better, but all you're doing is pretending.

adamqd's Avatar


adamqd
01.09.2014 , 12:51 PM | #15
Is anyone even playing this ****? I don't know anyone who did anything other than try it once and never bother again. lets have some ground game updates please.

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

adamqd's Avatar


adamqd
01.09.2014 , 12:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
Judging from the queue times on my server at least, there was no mistake. Many people, myself included, greatly enjoy this "nonsense." You can pretend that we don't if it makes you feel better, but all you're doing is pretending.
Or it's taking forever for people to queue up and fill a group.

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

CmdrShpd's Avatar


CmdrShpd
01.09.2014 , 12:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Or it's taking forever for people to queue up and fill a group.
No, I mean the fast queue times. I barely ever have to wait more than a minute in the queue before it pops. In other words, GSF is actually quite popular, at least on my server.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
01.09.2014 , 01:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Is anyone even playing this ****? I don't know anyone who did anything other than try it once and never bother again. lets have some ground game updates please.
I love them... now you know at least one that loves the space game.
Oh and the ques usually pop in a minute... less during peak hours.
That doesn't mean that there are just a few people playing.

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
01.09.2014 , 01:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
No, I mean the fast queue times. I barely ever have to wait more than a minute in the queue before it pops. In other words, GSF is actually quite popular, at least on my server.
Yeah, I think the only servers it is less popular on are the PvP servers.
Seems to be some sort of link between liking the ground PvP game and disliking the space PvP game.
One is gear based, the other is skill based... hmm... what could that link be... I wonder...

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
01.09.2014 , 01:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Yeah, I think the only servers it is less popular on are the PvP servers.
Seems to be some sort of link between liking the ground PvP game and disliking the space PvP game.
One is gear based, the other is skill based... hmm... what could that link be... I wonder...
I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 5 min for a queue pop on POT5, although I admit I'll usually only play between 3-5 GSF matches a day, so my experience may not be that representative overall. I think the biggest factor on PVP servers is that right now queuing for one locks you out of queuing for the other.

Disparage ground PVP all you want, but a lot of people are on PVP servers because that's an aspect of the game they enjoy - if getting involved in that aspect locks them out of GSF, then of course the GSF queues are going to be longer.

Eric says that 2.6 is going to allow us to queue for both at the same time, so I think we'll see queue times on PVP servers shorten pretty significantly once that happens.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain