Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New races!?!


Ayyendryyl's Avatar


Ayyendryyl
01.08.2014 , 11:03 PM | #1
So, I figure new races being something swtor could do fairly easily. I'm sure we all have ideas on things we'd LIKE to see happen in future expansions, but I'm really curious what kind of races you guys would play if given the chance?

Personally I'd LOVE either Togruta (Ashara) or the Voss race to be playable!
If Ignorance is Bliss, the Internet must be Nirvana

Rivenbunny's Avatar


Rivenbunny
01.09.2014 , 12:01 AM | #2
Jawas <3

whereshadowslie's Avatar


whereshadowslie
01.15.2014 , 12:18 PM | #3
I agree with the Jawas! I would love to see the Togruta, as well.

AzraelAzariah's Avatar


AzraelAzariah
01.15.2014 , 12:27 PM | #4
I say Jawas or Rodians...cause...ya gotta have both...

avatarearth's Avatar


avatarearth
01.15.2014 , 01:27 PM | #5
they couldn't do jawas, the playable species have to have a huminoid form.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
01.15.2014 , 01:52 PM | #6
Probably Bothans, based on the KDY Flashpoint.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

SteelPiranha's Avatar


SteelPiranha
01.15.2014 , 01:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by avatarearth View Post
they couldn't do jawas, the playable species have to have a huminoid form.
^True.
Otherwise the armors wouldn't fit. I suppose they could just do customization bundles for those races with orange gear, similar to Treek. But IMO, that doesn't sound like a good time to me.

Also, the voiceovers wouldn't work since they're all in basic.

blindxsecrets's Avatar


blindxsecrets
01.15.2014 , 02:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SteelPiranha View Post
^True.
Otherwise the armors wouldn't fit. I suppose they could just do customization bundles for those races with orange gear, similar to Treek. But IMO, that doesn't sound like a good time to me.

Also, the voiceovers wouldn't work since they're all in basic.
I hate to mention SWG....but TOR could always do what they did with the Wookies. They had specific clothing/armors that they could equip and that was basically it for that race. So they could basically make several types of gear and just go with that. Maybe update them with cartel packs or in-game events/rewards in the future or something.
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

Click my referral you should, get free stuff....you will.

midianlord's Avatar


midianlord
01.15.2014 , 03:35 PM | #9
Jawas would be beyond awesome, but realistically...

...

Maybe Torguta (or however it's spelt)? Lots of those in the game already.
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

Sith-Viscera's Avatar


Sith-Viscera
01.15.2014 , 03:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayyendryyl View Post
So, I figure new races being something swtor could do fairly easily. I'm sure we all have ideas on things we'd LIKE to see happen in future expansions, but I'm really curious what kind of races you guys would play if given the chance?

Personally I'd LOVE either Togruta (Ashara) or the Voss race to be playable!
I concur, i often think how wicked a Voss species would be to taint and turn fully to the dark side, but for such a species, i see a totally different story line for it and non that we have already would fit with such a sophisticated mystical creature as the Voss.