Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CM Item Design Contest(Please BW?)

TheSupaCoopa
01.08.2014 , 05:31 PM | #1
Duran'del Here:

The SWTOR community, or at least what I have seen, doesn't really seem to be included by BW.

So why not a design contest? People could send designs in for different categories of gear, pets, and weapons. This would be a great way to involve the community and make money at the same time.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Natecat
01.08.2014 , 06:48 PM | #2
This idea sounds bloody brilliant to me

Mirdthestrill
01.08.2014 , 07:44 PM | #3
This is a great idea!

They could select, say, the top 5 submissions and let the community vote on them, even.

For prizes, maybe if you make it into the top 5, you get a free copy (and collections unlock to make more for alts/companions) of whatever item wins, and the winner also gets a smallish amount of bonus cc in addition to that and the satisfaction of knowing that you designed an in-game item.
I <3 alts!

TheSupaCoopa
01.09.2014 , 09:17 PM | #4
Anyone else think this is a good idea?
Current 50's and 55's

MenofNumenor
01.09.2014 , 10:42 PM | #5
Awesome idea. I'm a crap artist, but I will learn to draw if it would mean I get to design an in-game item.

TheSupaCoopa
01.11.2014 , 11:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MenofNumenor View Post
Awesome idea. I'm a crap artist, but I will learn to draw if it would mean I get to design an in-game item.
Same. Even though I have difficulty drawing stick figures, I would try to learn to draw if I could get my design in game
Current 50's and 55's

JMESUN
01.11.2014 , 02:19 PM | #7
i wish they would implement this. TF2 allows this along with planetside2. But they expect you to model in software. Is that what you are proposing? or just some plan ole sketch?
░█╣╣╣█[]█╠╠█On that one shot, one kill, bringer of FATE!

SWLoveAngel
01.11.2014 , 10:02 PM | #8
I would like to see a SW: TOR design contest (be it for CM items or special new items at a special vendor).

At least one other game I used to play had a few fashion design contests during the years the game was around. And it was mail or E-Mail a scanned copy of your drawing to them. While my design wasn't chosen one of those times, I still had fun entering it.

Prototypemind
01.12.2014 , 03:33 AM | #9
This would be great. We get to vote on what we see in the game, they get hype behind the new designs coming out and then get to milk it all on the CM =p A win for all.

AlexDougherty
01.12.2014 , 06:37 AM | #10
Actually not a bad idea, especially if they actually look at all the designs, that way even the losers might get something into the game. Especially if they break it down into categories like Armour, Lightsabers, blaster pistols, blaster rifles, vibroswords, etc.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.