Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When matches consist of 6+ Flashfires/Stings...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
When matches consist of 6+ Flashfires/Stings...

Zoom_VI
11.07.2014 , 10:23 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
TT makes me... "warm." Also, it's saddening that Booster Recharge doesn't appear to be a thing anymore, with Tensor Field. But Bloodmarks/Spearpoints don't have rocket pods!
Is there any particular reason you had to respond to something I posted...10 months ago?
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Verain
11.07.2014 , 12:02 PM | #72
Scout week, I think! This was a pretty clutch prize too.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

ALaggyGrunt
11.07.2014 , 01:18 PM | #73
Why is the Stingfire OP? Here's the list:

They're very mobile. With a scout frame and thrusters component, they're very difficult to catch.
Burst lasers. These are very good weapons for making every shot count. All close-range weapons, save for perhaps ion+cluster combo, are weaker in a proper fight, because nobody good will let you pick them apart longer than they have to, which is about the half-second they take to realize you're there.
Cooldowns. Telemetry is crazy good all-around, and will be able to deal with cloakers when they come out. Blaster overcharge is positively brutal against things which don't stack evasion (basically bombers): I killed a bomber once with BO+CF in 3 shots once. Or, if you want to fly across the map without having to stop for some reason, booster recharge.
Distortion Field. It sacrifices a little shield strength, but not getting hit is much, much better than getting hit. If your ship doesn't get hit, your shields will not be pierced, you will not be snared, and your energy will not be sapped and regen-debuffed. At tier 3, you don't even have to break off an attack to break a missile lock.
Engine abilities. It has 4 good ones: power dive means you will be very mobile and extremely difficult to missile, retros make you a very scrappy dogfighter, and barrel roll is still a reasonably good good get-me-out-of-here maneuver, and Koiogran Turn is good for lock breaks in tight quarters.

If you nerfed these, you would also have to nerf gunships, either directly or by making non-scout shields more resistant to railgun effects (pierce, snare, regen debuff, maybe burn) or by making them more vulnerable to not-Stingfires. In the hours I used to play on Harbinger, there would be a premade which would stack gunships like you wouldn't believe, and a few scouts weren't going to beat them. As far as I know, they're still doing it. A lot of them were weak pilots, but with 4+ buddies with railguns covering them (and someone in Mumble saying where the scouts are), that really didn't matter too much.

Scouts are very good at keeping gunships' attention, but against multiple good gunships... well, you better have someone who can kill them really fast, because one scout won't last long enough to keep them properly busy.

SammyGStatus
11.07.2014 , 02:44 PM | #74
Scouts would still be good without RNG. Let's give removing RNG a try?
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status

Bolo_Yeung
11.07.2014 , 03:50 PM | #75
I once saw a match with 8 Rycers...OPed totally :P
(and yes, all 2-shipper team).