Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If new Class Story is so costly, why can't they just sell it in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If new Class Story is so costly, why can't they just sell it in the cartel market?

ELRunninW
01.08.2014 , 01:14 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I will say this - some people choose to see me as having an answer for everything as combative - I prefer to think that this is instead just a well-thought out idea. I do need to express myself in a bit better tone, however.
That is exactly what you are doing, you ask a question only to answer it to people that visit your thread. That is not a discussion, you are talking to yourself hoping to gain as much audience as possible. Your suggestions, or questions are more suited to a blog format where there is no need to deal with other people input.

Andryah
01.08.2014 , 01:19 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
I can imagine why they'd be hesitant to test it with a real story pack as well, since it would be expensive to make - and rather painful to recover from if it turns out no one buys it.
Exactly. Why take the risk.

They know class story would be popular and drive sales of an expac (their established method of content expansion beyond regular patches). Still, their decision (at this time in the games life cycle) is to proceed with faction story arcs.

This is why the topic of this thread is a dead horse being flogged. But hey.. flogging dead horses IS an established hobby in game forums..... so it continues.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Tahana
01.08.2014 , 01:24 PM | #113
If they did this, honestly I'd buy them all. I am a returning player and the story is by far the largest component of why I play any game. If the story is bad I won't stick around very long.

Before I left I had leveled one of each of the 4 major classes and started in the 2nd of the opposite advanced class.. Now i'm back just trying to figure out how to play again lol...

I don't think I'm in the minority here when I say story is one of the most important things in a game. Yes end game is important is well, because it is what I have left once the story slows down, or halts.

jm2c
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

ZionHalcyon
01.08.2014 , 01:25 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
If they did this, honestly I'd buy them all. I am a returning player and the story is by far the largest component of why I play any game. If the story is bad I won't stick around very long.

Before I left I had leveled one of each of the 4 major classes and started in the 2nd of the opposite advanced class.. Now i'm back just trying to figure out how to play again lol...

I don't think I'm in the minority here when I say story is one of the most important things in a game. Yes end game is important is well, because it is what I have left once the story slows down, or halts.

jm2c
I agree. and it hasn't escaped my notice its usually the same 3-4 people giving grief over the idea of adding more story of consequence. They can be loud about it, but its just a handful.

Andryah
01.08.2014 , 01:27 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
I would as well. But the point is... they have a method for adding story via patches and expacs, and they have tabled class story development for now. No amount of discussion about how they give us story content will change that.

/Pragmatism

You can push a peanut around on a plate all day long, but that won't change it into a pistachio.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

ZionHalcyon
01.08.2014 , 01:31 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I would as well.
And thats the point. It would be story, and it would sell.

Everyone wins.

Aries_cz
01.08.2014 , 01:33 PM | #117
Quoted for relevance. Aries_cz comment and original position on this is clear and indicative (right or wrong) of what the forum membership stated. In other words... people want more story, but want it as part of either free patches or expacs that are paid for.....NOT as CM content. I do not agree personally, but I acknowledge their feelings and views on the topic.
For the record, I stated in the original discussions something along the lines of that I was not cool with it being in packs but I would be cool with it being like Section X. I just think that Subscribers should not pay for Playable Content.

The discussion soon turned into whether Playable Content should be in CM, or if CM should restrict itself to "Vanity" items and unlocks for non-subscribers. I, again, stood on the line of those who claimed the second part, that selling Playable Content on CM would be bad.

Lot of people here who mentioned other games selling story content are forgetting that lot of these games are F2P (or Buy-2-Play). And, as I have stated, I, and if I remember that discussion properly, several others, were "sort of OK" with Story on CM being like Section X (Free to Subs, paid to others).
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Andryah
01.08.2014 , 01:35 PM | #118

Everyone wins.
Except... you took my comment out of context. Remember.... you said context was important...and I agree context is important.

Here.. let me fix that for you.

I would too. But the point is... they have a method for adding story via patches and expacs, and they have tabled class story development for now. No amount of discussion about how they give us story content will change that.

/Pragmatism

You can push a peanut around on a plate all day long, but that won't change it into a pistachio.

Vandicus
01.08.2014 , 01:36 PM | #119

Everyone wins.
But the question is whether it'd sell enough. While the idea of being able to parcel and sell class story to f2pers is another check-mark on the pros column for Class Story, I don't think its a gamechanger.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

ZionHalcyon
01.08.2014 , 01:38 PM | #120
Except... you took my comment out of context. Remember.... you said context was important...and I agree context is important.

Here.. let me fix that for you.
Just giving you a lesson in it, since context hasn't been your friend - and I'm not the only one who noticed that. See the post above yours.