Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Become the EMPEROR in ESO! (hint hint hint)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Become the EMPEROR in ESO! (hint hint hint)

ImmortalLowlife
01.07.2014 , 09:46 AM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk6mSNnN1TY

This should REALLY appeal to the PvP crowd. Sucks for us PvE'rs....but I like the idea!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Uber_the_Goober
01.07.2014 , 09:50 AM | #2
It's videos like that which turn me OFF to a game. There's no way the game can create that type of experience - the mechanics won't allow it. Certainly not in an MMO.

Anyway - I can imagine a lot of rapid Emperor title turnovers, along with people trying to not log into their emperor character so as to preserve the title until Bethesda decides to create a restriction for that.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

ImmortalLowlife
01.07.2014 , 10:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
..... I can imagine a lot of rapid Emperor title turnovers, along with people trying to not log into their emperor character so as to preserve the title until Bethesda decides to create a restriction for that.

Interesting...I honestly hadn't considered this. Probably because I'm still thinking like a console/PvE gamer lol. But I do see how that could be as issue. They'd definitely have to add some type of requirement that you MUST defend your right the throne every (insert number) days or you forfeit the crown.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

JPryde
01.07.2014 , 12:01 PM | #4
I wish that advertisements like those were required to sport a title of "NOT ACTUAL INGAME GRAPHICS"... to not mislead customers into believing that the game might look even close to that.^.. as it doesn't even get close.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

SlightlySychotic
01.08.2014 , 09:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
I wish that advertisements like those were required to sport a title of "NOT ACTUAL INGAME GRAPHICS"... to not mislead customers into believing that the game might look even close to that.^.. as it doesn't even get close.
CG trailers have been around for almost two decades now. To be perfectly blunt, if you can't tell the difference between them and actual gameplay you're likely not old enough to play the game in the first place.

But, yeah, the idea is nice but it won't survive reality. The devs are going to have to tweak it once they realize that big guilds are just taking turns handing the throne back and forth so they have as many "emperors" as possible and they have a permanent over the other players. Didn't Tera have a similar politics system that it took players all of three weeks to figure out how to break?
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

JPryde
01.09.2014 , 04:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
CG trailers have been around for almost two decades now. To be perfectly blunt, if you can't tell the difference between them and actual gameplay you're likely not old enough to play the game in the first place.
Well.. Planetside 2 had a large marketing campain with TVspots in germany during 4th quarter of 2013. The first spots were CG trailer but weren't going totally overboard like the TESO or the SWTOR trailers are. It was actually pretty close to a battlefield4 in-game video just in sci fi.

A week after the first run of those ads, they did indeed add "not actual gameplay graphics" disclaimer to the spots.. and another few weeks later, there was a different spot, which did indeed show the in game graphics of planetside2 (which are obviously horrible compared to a CG trailer).

So yes, aparently there are people, who believe CG trailers to be at least close to in game graphics. The Assassin Creed spots even utilize that to their benefit. They always say "this is actual gameplay!", when showing their real good trailers.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Callaron
01.09.2014 , 10:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
It's videos like that which turn me OFF to a game. There's no way the game can create that type of experience - the mechanics won't allow it. Certainly not in an MMO.

Anyway - I can imagine a lot of rapid Emperor title turnovers, along with people trying to not log into their emperor character so as to preserve the title until Bethesda decides to create a restriction for that.
Nah, it's much more likely that some uber alliance (with the biggest exploiters leading it) will form and fighting them will be completely and utterly pointless like it usually goes in games that have a feature like this.
I'll probably mess around with the PvP somewhat, the sieges seem fun and all - but anyone shooting for emperor is likely to be in for a grave disappointment.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

_biddan_
01.09.2014 , 10:53 AM | #8
well i hope that the emperor will be from the ebonhearth pact because i plan to use a dunmer.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

ZirusZero
01.09.2014 , 04:45 PM | #9
I bet the first emperor will be XXCharlemagneXX
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Callaron
01.09.2014 , 06:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
I bet the first emperor will be XXCharlemagneXX
Nah.
More like XXYoloSwagXX.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.