Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: Where are the Tanking Mods?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech: Where are the Tanking Mods?

noachr
01.15.2012 , 07:55 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by trocious View Post
Guys, there aren't tanking mods because AUGMENTS and ENHANCEMENTS have tanking stats. Not to mention blue/purple crafted armor. Mods are just NOT for enhancing those type of stats.. if you have a crafted item that crits, i.e. has a item modification slot, it can vary from augments, mods, etc. Depending on which one it is, is the type of modification you can add to that slot.

So THAT is how the crafting system is devised. Most orange armor or crit'd armor has extra slots for item modifications. The tanking stats are assigned only to augments and enhancements (as far as I can tell), while the stats in general + armor go with cybertech mods.

Hope that clears this question up.
This is flat out untrue. There are plenty of modifications with tanking stats that drop from quests. For example, the 2+ heroic daily on Belsavis, A Lesson Is Learned, rewards several mods including this one: http://www.torhead.com/item/92iHI9E
Archidamos

Merced
01.16.2012 , 03:13 AM | #42
bumping this.

Its stupidity of the highest magnitude for there not to be craftable mods with defensive stats. There is ONE, YEA ONE, mod prefix with STR on it and guess what? No tanking stats and substantially lower END than STR in all its branching versions. I can get "Elusive" from quests, vendor bought gear, but i'll be damned if its craftable.

Rhaphael
01.16.2012 , 03:29 AM | #43
Has anyone tried yet to see if the tanking Mods bought from commendation vendors will RE into schematics?

Punzar
01.20.2012 , 03:09 PM | #44
I am curious if the mods with DEF from vendors or quests can be RE'd into higher level recipes or not too. Once reply a few back said they tried about 30+ with no luck.

I am also wondering if anyone has seen DEF Mod schematics drop out of Operations or HM Heroics. Any other Level 50 End gamers with 400 Cybertech have any ideas?

Thanks,

Rizar
50 Agent
Death Wind Cooridor

digdoug
01.20.2012 , 03:43 PM | #45
I have RE-ed about a half dozen of the mods with Aim/End and +defense or +absorption, most of which have come from droid parts as quest rewards. I have yet to get a schematic from them, but I still feel my sample is still too small to say for sure if it is possible.

Those series should have been available from the trainers, probably starting about the same time the higher endurance series of armoring became available.

Melishous
01.21.2012 , 12:20 AM | #46
I've been wondering the same thing. >.<; I want to outfit Blizz with my cybertech skills, but I don't have the mods with defense or absorption. Why leave out an entire role from a crew skill? I have level 400 cybertech btw, and I have done a lot of reverse engineering and never seen tank stats appear on Mods. However, I've seen defense show up on armorings that were not the tank ones. Real useful there.

silvershadows
01.22.2012 , 11:40 PM | #47
The thing that all of you poor misguided people are missing is that...

The QUEST REWARD armoring/mods have MORE ENDURANCE than strength/aim/willpower for tanks.

For example:

DPS mod might have:

11 strength
4 endurance

Tanking mod might have

10 strength
14 endurance

DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

Why can't I learn the 10 str, 14 endurance one as a SITH JUGGERNAUT who needs the endurance more than the strength?

This is unacceptable and is making me regret taking cybertech as a way to enhance my armor - I should have gone synthweaving at this point.
Sage - Sentinel - Commando - ScoundrelPowertech - Operative - Marauder - Sorcerer
Highjinks - Flashfire Ace - Saberwing
Cadera Legacy The Ebon Hawk

Check out my series of Mandalorian novels HERE.

Litefire
01.23.2012 , 12:06 AM | #48
Wait till you get to 49-50 and get handed mods from a daily quest that A you can't make and B are better then what you could make if you had the same mod.

Elusive
end
Shield
Def

and i forget the absorb one's name. but it's
end
shield
absorb

you can also get the advanced deft or advanced potent mods.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion
I Support SGRA In the Old Republic

silvershadows
01.23.2012 , 12:11 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Litefire View Post
Wait till you get to 49-50 and get handed mods from a daily quest that A you can't make and B are better then what you could make if you had the same mod.

Elusive
end
Shield
Def

and i forget the absorb one's name. but it's
end
shield
absorb

you can also get the advanced deft or advanced potent mods.

Yea, thats unnacceptable. I would like to level using appropriate stats, not be a half-arsed tank on my way up, thanks.
Sage - Sentinel - Commando - ScoundrelPowertech - Operative - Marauder - Sorcerer
Highjinks - Flashfire Ace - Saberwing
Cadera Legacy The Ebon Hawk

Check out my series of Mandalorian novels HERE.

Litefire
01.23.2012 , 01:05 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
Yea, thats unnacceptable. I would like to level using appropriate stats, not be a half-arsed tank on my way up, thanks.
Oh i agree, that's why i used my commendations to just buy the tanking mods and armoring.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion
I Support SGRA In the Old Republic