Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no Hutt Cartell Preorder Vendor? There's an CE & Preorder Vendor, why not for HC?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why no Hutt Cartell Preorder Vendor? There's an CE & Preorder Vendor, why not for HC?

illgot
01.06.2014 , 12:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
By "upgraded" I mean "upgraded to function the same as the Cartel crystals."
Level 10, +41 Endurance, Collections unlock, not just a more powerful version that you have to keep spending credits to upgrade on each character.
Otherwise, aside from the look, there's no reason to use a pre-order crystal beyond level 9, especially when you can buy Cartel crystals off the GTN for less than the cost of crystals from the pre-order vendor.
I have not seen a single person use the preorder crystal end game. may say something about how useful it is.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.06.2014 , 12:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
I have not seen a single person use the preorder crystal end game. may say something about how useful it is.
Or how ugly it is. (Although it's not so bad in blasters just sabers)

Malastare
01.06.2014 , 12:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
The CE owners got their own Vendor.
The Preorder players got their own Vendor.

But the Rise Of The Hutt Cartel Preorder players did NOT get their own Vendor.
Welcome to the crossroads of "misunderstanding" and "gamer entitlement".

Why do CE owners get their own vendor? Because it was advertised. The vendor is part of the package they bought (ignoring the discussion over whether it was worth it, because... well, that's a separate vat of whining).

Why do Preorder players get a vendor? Because it solved a problem with crystal availability (people who lost their crystal or had it fail to be delivered). Note, the vendor didn't exist when the game came out. It was added shortly afterward. At the time, it was the best solution to the problem. Beyond those preorder crystals, nothing has been added to the vendor. Honestly, the vendor itself could be removed and replaced with better solutions, such as:

The Hutt Cartel Preorders do have a vendor. It's just implemented via Collections in the Cartel Market. This functions in much the same way as the Preorder vendor: it gives you access to the free stuff you got from preordering. Why is there no other vendor? Because no other vendor was ever intended. Wasn't advertised. Wasn't even mentioned as a possibility.

Now, this crosses into entitlement with your expectation/demand that all preorders must coincide with a special vendor. There's no justification for that, other than "But I want it".

You also forgot to whine about the Security Key Vendor. I think that vendor has actually seen more new items added to it than the CE vendor (Can't confirm, not a CE owner). Again, the key users get the vendor because it was advertised as part of the security key program, not because every special group needs to have a specialty vendor.

AlexDougherty
01.06.2014 , 12:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
RotHC preorders are getting their preorder stuff by mail, if i am not mistaken.
Yes, all preorder stuff for Rothc was delivered by mail, including the second title "The Risen". Got to love that Hutt holostatue, I update my abilities when I level up, saving me from travelling back to the trainer.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlrikFassbauer
01.15.2014 , 07:50 AM | #15
*Bump*

I still want an preorder vendor.
"Just say no." If you feel like you are only there for generating Comms for someone else, then just stay away from PvP. Don't let yourself get farmed !

branmakmuffin
01.15.2014 , 10:18 AM | #16
*Bump*

There is a pre-order vendor.

illgot
01.15.2014 , 12:19 PM | #17
*Bump*

if all your items are sent via mail and added to collections (so you can always get another copy) why do you want a pre-order vender which will only charge you Credits to obtain copies of items you already own?

Vandicus
01.15.2014 , 01:52 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
if all your items are sent via mail and added to collections (so you can always get another copy) why do you want a pre-order vender which will only charge you Credits to obtain copies of items you already own?
^

The regular Preorder vendor exists to provide the same mailed-in items. The CE vendor is a unique special advertised for CE purchasers. A RoTHC vendor wouldn't be comparable to the CE vendor, and would be pointless in the same role as the other preorder vendor because of the collection system.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!