Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no Hutt Cartell Preorder Vendor? There's an CE & Preorder Vendor, why not for HC?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why no Hutt Cartell Preorder Vendor? There's an CE & Preorder Vendor, why not for HC?

AlrikFassbauer
01.06.2014 , 08:07 AM | #1
Hello,
I till don't get it.

The CE owners got their own Vendor.
The Preorder players got their own Vendor.

But the Rise Of The Hutt Cartel Preorder players did NOT get their own Vendor.

Why this bias ? Why don't we HC Preorder players get what they already have : One special vendor ?

Alrik
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

JPryde
01.06.2014 , 08:08 AM | #2
because the already existing preorder vendors are not selling anything worth buying and bioware did not want to create another vendor that does sell worthless parts
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Mike_Bluesky
01.06.2014 , 08:16 AM | #3
They're trying to save you from disappointment. Just ask CE owners.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

Aries_cz
01.06.2014 , 08:28 AM | #4
RotHC preorders are getting their preorder stuff by mail, if i am not mistaken.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Rankyn
01.06.2014 , 08:34 AM | #5
The pre-order vendor really just sells a replacement for the pre-order reward item (a yellow/black crystal) so you can recover it if you delete it.
It was later upgraded to include higher level versions of the crystal but they've been made obsolete with the introduction of Cartel crystals, especially since Cartel crystals are, on average, cheaper on the GTN.

The RotHC pre-order reward items can be reclaimed from collections at any time so there's no need to add a mechanic for replacing them and they are, IMHO, far superior items to the level 7 yellow/black pre-order crystal.

Since there was no CE version of RotHC, there's really no need for an exclusive vendor for it.

So, bottom line... those vendors were for a direction the game has long since abandoned so there's really no need for anything like them anymore.
They simply remain as a vestige of that old system so that the people who are entitled to access to them don't have grounds to complain about their removal.

However, I wouldn't be disappointed if they upgraded the pre-order crystal to make it just like the Cartel crystals, mailed every pre-order account a replacement for it, and then removed that vendor altogether.

ghoul_drool
01.06.2014 , 09:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
RotHC preorders are getting their preorder stuff by mail, if i am not mistaken.
This is true, we get the title, Hutt Statue trainer and a pet that I never see anybody use

I love the Hutt statue, and I see a LOT of new players asking about it and how to get one. It's still a really great reward for pre ordering. No real need for a vendor, if you just get these items in the mail for every single character you make on your account, forever.

MillionsKNives
01.06.2014 , 09:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
The pre-order vendor really just sells a replacement for the pre-order reward item (a yellow/black crystal) so you can recover it if you delete it.
It was later upgraded to include higher level versions of the crystal but they've been made obsolete with the introduction of Cartel crystals, especially since Cartel crystals are, on average, cheaper on the GTN.

The RotHC pre-order reward items can be reclaimed from collections at any time so there's no need to add a mechanic for replacing them and they are, IMHO, far superior items to the level 7 yellow/black pre-order crystal.

Since there was no CE version of RotHC, there's really no need for an exclusive vendor for it.

So, bottom line... those vendors were for a direction the game has long since abandoned so there's really no need for anything like them anymore.
They simply remain as a vestige of that old system so that the people who are entitled to access to them don't have grounds to complain about their removal.

However, I wouldn't be disappointed if they upgraded the pre-order crystal to make it just like the Cartel crystals, mailed every pre-order account a replacement for it, and then removed that vendor altogether.
I wouldn't say the preorder crystals are obsolete. The only reason you'd use the higher level crystals is for the look, which is the same reason you'd use them before the Cartel Market came out.

Rankyn
01.06.2014 , 10:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I wouldn't say the preorder crystals are obsolete. The only reason you'd use the higher level crystals is for the look, which is the same reason you'd use them before the Cartel Market came out.
A +4 Endurance crystal at level 7 or a +40 Endurance (or other stat) crystal at level 10.
That's pretty much the definition of obsolescence.
The yellow/black look is the only reason they'd be desirable anymore and that's why I wouldn't mind seeing them put an upgraded version of the crystal on the pre-order vendor.

I'd love to show off my exclusive yellow/black crystal, but I'm not willing so sacrifice 37 points of endurance to do it.

MillionsKNives
01.06.2014 , 10:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
A +4 Endurance crystal at level 7 or a +40 Endurance (or other stat) crystal at level 10.
That's pretty much the definition of obsolescence.
The yellow/black look is the only reason they'd be desirable anymore and that's why I wouldn't mind seeing them put an upgraded version of the crystal on the pre-order vendor.

I'd love to show off my exclusive yellow/black crystal, but I'm not willing so sacrifice 37 points of endurance to do it.
They did. A very long time ago.

Rankyn
01.06.2014 , 12:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
They did. A very long time ago.
By "upgraded" I mean "upgraded to function the same as the Cartel crystals."
Level 10, +41 Endurance, Collections unlock, not just a more powerful version that you have to keep spending credits to upgrade on each character.
Otherwise, aside from the look, there's no reason to use a pre-order crystal beyond level 9, especially when you can buy Cartel crystals off the GTN for less than the cost of crystals from the pre-order vendor.