Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Official Weapon Wishlist Thread

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nichos_Ketra
01.05.2014 , 01:17 PM | #1
This thread is to show the team at BioWare what kinds of new weapons the community would like to see added through the cartel market.

To start off, here are some weapons that I would love to be added via the Cartel Market:
  • "Submachine gun" style pistol.
  • Blaster pistol reminiscent of Kyle Katarn's Bryar Pistol.
  • Compact-looking yet not skeletal assault cannon. Could have a version with effects from Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle.
  • Slugthrower pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, and assault cannon with unique firing effects.
  • Plasma pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, and assault cannon with unique firing effects.
  • Railgun pistol, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, and assault cannon with unique firing effects.
  • Curved hilt lightsaber.
  • Double-bladed lightsaber with effect from Ziost Guardian's Lightsaber.
  • X-115 Heavy Sonic Carbine with colors and effects of Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle.
  • A-212 Battle Pistol with colors and effects of Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle.

Bleeters
01.05.2014 , 02:15 PM | #2
The strange thing about assault cannons is there are and have been plenty of pretty great, compact looking cannon designs ingame since launch, but they're squandered on low level greens and completely unavailable in custom form. The Balmorran Chain Blaster, for example. I'd love a custom version of some of those.

On another note, a thread I made earlier regarding a rifle I'd like to see.

Magnusheart
01.05.2014 , 02:40 PM | #3

1. More pistols with laser sights
2. More Lightsabers with Iconic parts from the movies(like how the derelict lightsaber looks like Obi'wans and Luke's first one put together)
3. More Sniper Rifles with Laser Sights

Nichos_Ketra
01.05.2014 , 03:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
The strange thing about assault cannons is there are and have been plenty of pretty great, compact looking cannon designs ingame since launch, but they're squandered on low level greens and completely unavailable in custom form. The Balmorran Chain Blaster, for example. I'd love a custom version of some of those.
This is precisely why I included a compact assault cannon in my own list. Almost all of the compact ones in the game aren't custom. It'd also be a great opportunity to have one with an effect added, as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
1. More pistols with laser sights
2. More Lightsabers with Iconic parts from the movies(like how the derelict lightsaber looks like Obi'wans and Luke's first one put together)
3. More Sniper Rifles with Laser Sights
I have to admit, I like the designs with the laser sights, as well as the ones with the holographic displays. I'd like to see more of that.
My request for a bryar pistol like weapon is similar to your second one there, but for pistols. Something akin to things from elsewhere in the series, but in a way that fits in the game.

Prototypemind
01.05.2014 , 08:31 PM | #5
Light Whips.

More Auto Cannon variants.

TooltipTim
01.06.2014 , 08:56 AM | #6
I'd like a new blaster rifle, using the model of the Scoped Lancer sniper rifle (bipod removed and barrel greatly shortened) with the sound effect from the B-306 Bantha Disuptor.

Nichos_Ketra
01.06.2014 , 11:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TooltipTim View Post
I'd like a new blaster rifle, using the model of the Scoped Lancer sniper rifle (bipod removed and barrel greatly shortened) with the sound effect from the B-306 Bantha Disuptor.
I take it you mean the Premium version, which matches your description.

Kelha
01.06.2014 , 12:15 PM | #8
One thing that I would consider for this weapons wishlist, is much like the dyes are available for armors, would it be possible to add an 'effects' dye slot to the weapons? Could be out of programming range, but perhaps as suggested above, someone wanted the effect from the Ziost Guardian's Saber available on another. Could you just create an 'Electrify' "dye" mod for sabers? Or 'laser sight' for guns/rifles, etc.? Or 'concentrated beam' for the Death Star effect to the cannons? Just a thought. Would open up a world of customization for weapons.

Nichos_Ketra
01.06.2014 , 01:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelha View Post
One thing that I would consider for this weapons wishlist, is much like the dyes are available for armors, would it be possible to add an 'effects' dye slot to the weapons? Could be out of programming range, but perhaps as suggested above, someone wanted the effect from the Ziost Guardian's Saber available on another. Could you just create an 'Electrify' "dye" mod for sabers? Or 'laser sight' for guns/rifles, etc.? Or 'concentrated beam' for the Death Star effect to the cannons? Just a thought. Would open up a world of customization for weapons.
I've actually had an idea for that before; a power cell/focus crystal slot.

It would carry the special effect present on a weapon (if any), which could then be moved to any other applicable weapon, such as from a pistol to a rifle or from a double-bladed lightsaber to a techblade.

While I think effects should be able to be swapped between ranged weapons or melee weapons, I don't think it would work too well to have effects interchangeable between melee and ranged weapons, however.

On a note more related to the thread, I would love to be more weapons with a Mass Effect kind of feel to them, like with the models used for the Red Reaper Sniper Rifle and Legionnaire Annihilator's MK-2 Blaster Rifle.

Transcendent
01.06.2014 , 02:35 PM | #10
Well, I'd like an animated version of the M-500 Elite Stealth Enforcer, with a laser sight similar to the Balmorran Hand Cannon Aurek, and the sound of the Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine