Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Operative DPS OP!


MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.05.2014 , 06:46 AM | #11
Look on the bright side. This will get rid of all the op/scoundrel healers because they will all respect.

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
01.05.2014 , 06:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Look on the bright side. This will get rid of all the op/scoundrel healers because they will all respect.
Yo! Respect

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
01.05.2014 , 06:58 AM | #13
re-spec* . But ya. Respect !

BraaxusKun's Avatar


BraaxusKun
01.05.2014 , 07:40 AM | #14
Anybody who thinks that operative dps is in a very good position in the current state of the game in competitive pvp is a noob - sorry.

Yes if they get lucky crits and a good string of lacerates they can do very good consistent damage and burst, but so can anything else. I find it funny when people cry about how hard their openers hit whenever a smasher can hit just as hard but to 5 different people at the same time.

I do disagree with a damage increase but they definitely need something like more defensive cooldowns tied to the dps tree, maybe a passive aoe 30% damage reduction would help a bit, but you will find operative dps with how squishy it is won't be viable in top-end play because a good team can just hard switch and murder them.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
01.05.2014 , 07:43 AM | #15
Gotta love people whining about OP stuff before we even know the details.....

For all you know they could buff Overcharge Shot a lot and not much else. Thatd really make Concealment OP......

Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Glower's Avatar


Glower
01.05.2014 , 07:46 AM | #16
10k AoE overload shot (combat shotgun mode lol )... in my dreams!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

deanth's Avatar


deanth
01.05.2014 , 07:47 AM | #17
The scrapper/concealment who you see that are really good are very few and far between. Would love to see some ranked arena gameplay though.


Orbital strike/XS flyby is getting nerfed (scoundrel top 3 Q&A). I hope for dps buff, they reduce backblast (and operative variant) from 12s back to 9s, that is probably a significant buff right there, don't know why it was nerfed in the first place, also really smoothes out rotation.

Cempa's Avatar


Cempa
01.05.2014 , 07:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BraaxusKun View Post
Anybody who thinks that operative dps is in a very good position in the current state of the game in competitive pvp is a noob - sorry.

Yes if they get lucky crits and a good string of lacerates they can do very good consistent damage and burst, but so can anything else. I find it funny when people cry about how hard their openers hit whenever a smasher can hit just as hard but to 5 different people at the same time.

I do disagree with a damage increase but they definitely need something like more defensive cooldowns tied to the dps tree, maybe a passive aoe 30% damage reduction would help a bit, but you will find operative dps with how squishy it is won't be viable in top-end play because a good team can just hard switch and murder them.
Go watch the clip..go watch many clips by others in rated...Just because YOU can not do it only means the issue is between your chair and keyboard!
“When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”

deanth's Avatar


deanth
01.05.2014 , 08:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Go watch the clip..go watch many clips by others in rated...Just because YOU can not do it only means the issue is between your chair and keyboard!
Clip is mostly just kill clips, easy to do. And most kills, the opponent are just sitting there waiting to die. If you look at the health of them, they are mostly in between 23-27k hp, compared to him on 30k hp + stim. People use stun breaker at wrong times or don't even use it at all.

Would love to see these rated clips you mention.

thesadplanet's Avatar


thesadplanet
01.05.2014 , 09:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
Go watch the clip..go watch many clips by others in rated...Just because YOU can not do it only means the issue is between your chair and keyboard!
Just because a concealment can 1v1 terrible players doesn't mean its a viable spec. Go try running an operative dps in solo ranked or 4's and then tell me they are still good.