Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Android Security Key App Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Android Security Key App Questions

Nemhauser
12.22.2011 , 05:12 PM | #1
I already protected my account with a fysical security key, is it possible to use my mobile phone as well? I downloaded the SWTORSK Android app and when I launch it, it says I have to put in a 7-digit serial number and a 20-digit activiation code. I have no idea where to look for these.

Thanks in advance.

dmarkd
12.22.2011 , 05:15 PM | #2
The nature of the beast is such that you cannot use both simultaneously, at least not at this time. Most two-factor vendors want to specifically avoid this as it's another vector for a problem to be exploited, but when it comes to game authenticators it seems like it could be worthwhile.

If you'd like to swap your physical security key for the phone one, you can probably talk to customer support and get them to help you through setting it up.

Nemhauser
12.22.2011 , 05:31 PM | #3
Thanks for the explanation.

kalarel
12.22.2011 , 05:35 PM | #4
And what is this 7-digit serial number and 20-digit activation code? I have a 20-digit preorder code and another 20-digit serial number, but nothing 7 digits.

Thanks!

dmarkd
12.22.2011 , 05:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by kalarel655968
And what is this 7-digit serial number and 20-digit activation code? I have a 20-digit preorder code and another 20-digit serial number, but nothing 7 digits.

Thanks!
The 7 digit serial number will be either be a number on the back of your physical authenticator, or a serial number generated by the authenticator application once installed on your smartphone.

Dasffion
12.22.2011 , 05:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kalarel655968

Thanks!
For the physical one I think it''s on the back of the key. For the Mobile one when you go to set it up through my Account it''ll give you a 7 digit serial number and a 20 digit one to enter on your phone.

kalarel
12.22.2011 , 05:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by dmarkd656017
The 7 digit serial number will be either be a number on the back of your physical authenticator, or a serial number generated by the authenticator application once installed on your smartphone.
No, the app goes directly to the page asking for a 7-digit serial number and 20-digit activation code. No code is being displayed and there is no way to get to a different screen in the app.

dmarkd
12.22.2011 , 05:44 PM | #8
Yeah, looks like I made a mistake there, Dasffion provided the correct answer.

Dasffion
12.22.2011 , 05:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kalarel656231
No, the app goes directly to the page asking for a 7-digit serial number and 20-digit activation code. No code is being displayed and there is no way to get to a different screen in the app.
As I said, for the mobile one go into My Account > Security Key and select add a mobile key and it will pull up another screen with the 7 digit and 20 digit keys you have to enter into the app on your phone.

kalarel
12.22.2011 , 05:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion656292
As I said, for the mobile one go into My Account &gt Security Key and select add a mobile key and it will pull up another screen with the 7 digit and 20 digit keys you have to enter into the app on your phone.
EDIT: you meant on this website, not the mobile app. Thanks for your help.