2.6 preview from Eric

Joesixxpack

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

yawn *snip*

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Lolbuff for scoundrels/ops is old news. How 'bout that stuff below it?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot damn I was glad they're making Kolto Shell for multiple targets. That was my #1 request since Sorcs get bubble and Ops get Probe. Also looking forward to no pushback on Charged Bolts. Right now I'd rather use another Grav than Bolts.

I wanna see the frickin animation for a Mando flipping his Assault Cannon and shooting himself with the green Laser. Maybe Mercs will shoot themselves in the foot with green pellets.

Edited by stupidsyrup

I've reached the point where I will quit even if I still somewhat enjoy aspects of the game. I simply can't deal with the cluelessness of the developer and I don't want to make them think that they're doing something right and possibly encourage them to continue in the business.

I almosted wanted to shout: "stabby is back!". Then I have awoken and realized that this is SWTOR and Bioware... :(

I'm guessing they're still too traumatized by the Great Unsub Massacre to bring stabby back anytime soon.

Looks like good news for arena benchwarmers, but personally I'm waiting to see how they implement these before getting excited. I'm wondering if those new skills will be tree adds...

The kolto shell one worries me a bit. It might be a bit over the top in 8v8 and not too useful in 4v4.

It says more then 1 target at a time not infinite targets like operative probes or sorc bubbles.

Didn`t they use to say they would take some defensive skill out of the operative medicine tree to give it to 1 of their dps trees?

Edited by iDraxter

I'm guessing they're still too traumatized by the Great Unsub Massacre to bring stabby back anytime soon.

Looks like good news for arena benchwarmers, but personally I'm waiting to see how they implement these before getting excited. I'm wondering if those new skills will be tree adds...

Sigh :(

Nothing about the AP hybrid tank in there. Hoping that gets dealt with. I say that as a Powertech myself, because I'm sick of everyone expecting me to run that FotM spec, and giving me **** because I choose not to.

Ok so mercs and sorcs will be a bit harder to shut down and they`ll get a couple of extra shots off before their miserable and imminent death.....their still gonna be the 1st to get jumped on after this patch nothing has changed:D:D:D

Nothing about the AP hybrid tank in there. Hoping that gets dealt with. I say that as a Powertech myself, because I'm sick of everyone expecting me to run that FotM spec, and giving me **** because I choose not to.

Me too it must be killed they said they didn t want hybrids to be better then fulll tree specs

Edited by iDraxter

It says more then 1 target at a time not infinite targets like operative probes or sorc bubbles.

Didn`t they use to say they would take some defensive skill out of the operative medicine tree to give it to 1 of their dps trees?

I recall player requests for this, but if devs did I missed it. Lots of calls for increased DPS op survivability... To which devs said they're going to deal with people grabbing the orbital gear bonus and buff quick shot damage without lowering cost. :rak_09:

Edited by Joesixxpack