Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Female character texture is still messed up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Female character texture is still messed up.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zerileth
03.18.2014 , 06:05 PM | #121
But hey, we got a new speeder! Profit over pride.

Merouk
03.18.2014 , 07:42 PM | #122
Yah, Jedi robes and capes clip through it like they clip through the other speeders.

Dokar
03.19.2014 , 01:43 PM | #123
It is pretty clear they do not care when a texture glitch like this is allowed to go on this long.

it is disgraceful

Pookii
03.19.2014 , 01:55 PM | #124
Like I said in my previous posts: I have played so many MMOs, and have never seen a texture / character model this bad go unfixed for so long. Even Funcom fixed stuff faster. lol.

LeJarC
03.20.2014 , 06:57 AM | #125
I wonder how big of a stink these forum posts make compared to player base composition (revenue wise).

Would I be far off if I assume that most f2p players do not visit the forum? (and probably most subscribers too for that matter)

And f2p players can't post bugs in-game.

Another one, would I be far off if I assumed that the bulk of buying additional CC's is done by f2p/preferred? simply because that is the only way for them to get the gear they want with the credit caps and GTN prices what they are.

Lastly, would I be far off if I assume that those complaining here are (mostly?) subscribers?

So, effectively only a small part of the playerbase is causing a stink about the texture bugs (be it twisted, non-clipping, ugly recolor, missing! body/leg textures on corrupted companion customizations from first! rakghoul event)

Leaves me assuming we will NEVER, ever see this fixed simply because the people actually taking action on it in the form of suspending/cancelling subscription or suspending buying CC's, form a negligible part of the revenue brought in from subscription fees/ sales of CC's

In other words, we're just background noise...

Now, the idea of showing up at a cantina tour in replica's of these ****ed up gear sets, now that might actually have some effect, especially if some publicity can be gained from it...

Clarian
03.20.2014 , 08:20 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by LeJarC View Post
Leaves me assuming we will NEVER, ever see this fixed simply because the people actually taking action on it in the form of suspending/cancelling subscription or suspending buying CC's, form a negligible part of the revenue brought in from subscription fees/ sales of CC's

In other words, we're just background noise...
I unsubscribed not primarily as a form of protest, but just because I'm not interested in playing the game with this bug. Which also means that, although I could continue to play for free, I'm not going to.

And beyond just this bug, quality control has become really terrible, even for cartel market items alone.

But yeah, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Most of the customers don't care, or at least don't care enough to stop playing. And I can't really blame Bioware for failing to work on something that most people don't care about.

I've actually heard the bulk of cartel coin purchases are from subscribers. Yeah, free players would be enticed by unlocks, but I think the real money is in the gambling packs. And people who care enough to blow a lot of money on those, care enough pay a little money to subscribe.

Oh yeah, I should mention that I'd be glad to re-subscribe if this is ever fixed.

Kalbuck
03.20.2014 , 04:42 PM | #127
It boggles the mind that this is still an issue. I noticed it months ago, and I have refrained from wearing skimpy clothes because they look horrible. I'm having a similar issue with skimpy outfits and Cathar, but that's likely never to be fixed either. This isn't a multi-million dollar implementation. It's a texture fix. Bioware, FIX IT.

SupremeOverseer
03.20.2014 , 06:46 PM | #128
They should at least admit and apologize for messing up but no.... we cant even get that much. And by the way i am missing a codex entry for "had a character for 2 years then some a s s hat messed up the appearance". I want the 1k exp from it.

Prototypemind
03.21.2014 , 12:21 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeOverseer View Post
They should at least admit and apologize for messing up but no.... we cant even get that much. And by the way i am missing a codex entry for "had a character for 2 years then some a s s hat messed up the appearance". I want the 1k exp from it.
They have acknowledged it in two of the other threads on this, including one recently, but there is no eta on a fix. In this thread and others some of us have stated that we will no longer purchase Cartel Coins until this is fixed. Other players have unsubbed until it's fixed. It needs to be fixed =p

BDSMKane
03.23.2014 , 03:05 AM | #130
Wanted to add that I'm also tired of this not being fixed. I've noticed it for months as well, and reported in game. I don't buy packs, but I do buy CC from time to time for Collections unlocks or CM items, but I won't be making any further purchases until this is fixed. So add one more name on this thread, and hope it makes a difference.