Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Female character texture is still messed up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Female character texture is still messed up.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SupremeOverseer
01.01.2014 , 09:47 AM | #1
Does it take a rocket scientist to click the "undo" button? What the **** is your problem Bioware or whoever is in charge of not giving a flying ****? 10 mins to **** something up 10 weeks to fix. lol It always warms my heart to see that the Cartel Market is number one on the priority list for Bioware. If there is a problem with that it is usually fixed the very next day. And also the great new crappy additions to the game they might call "Exciting new content". It is one thing to leave a few bugs here and there go unsolved, minor bugs maybe, but when you start messing with peoples characters its something quite different. If you see a problem with the characters originally introduced and feel the need to "modify" them after 2 years of game play, why not just remove the character creation process all together. If people are complaining about skimpy armor STOP putting it in the *********** game. Seems like every time a Cartel pack comes out there is some piece of revealing armor in it, so lets try and class it up a bit, but not really? Makes tons of sense.

Taramayne
01.09.2014 , 05:05 PM | #2
..Bumping this rather than start a new thread, since the title says it all even if the OP went a bit overboard in his post.

Is there any plan to revert the female leg textures back to normal? Is this something really complex to fix?

I know the issue was forwarded, but any new Dev reply would be appreciated

TheOuroborus
01.09.2014 , 06:44 PM | #3
Double Bump. Did ya'll know that it effects NPCs as well? The Lady of Pain on Tatooine has the same messed up mesh even in the cut scenes!
Q'uo-daax 55 Shadow | Uma-ka 55 Sentinel | Lyralia 55 Commando | Zo-en 55 Scoundrel
Syaia 55 Marauder | Xto'en 55 Sorcerer | A'saj 55 Assassin
Ixa-sha 55 Mercenary | B'dia 55 Operative

Founder, Legacy 50 On Begeren Colony

Lithy
01.09.2014 , 06:46 PM | #4
Have they even had a patch since the bug happened? things arn't fixed without a patch...
Lithium
Imperial Sniper

The Hartshotte Legacy
Tallianna, Gunslinger

Sabain
01.10.2014 , 11:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
Have they even had a patch since the bug happened? things arn't fixed without a patch...
Considering this started with a patch that had no notes a day after an "official" patch, I'm going to assume no.

Zerileth
02.01.2014 , 03:02 AM | #6
To think something this simple won't be fixed. So then we can assume that eventually several textures will succumb to this fate, nice. It's not combat related so they don't care or don't have the resources. Look, I know it's the age of minimum wage but can't you pay someone for 30 minutes OT for two weeks to start fixing your textures? I'll do it for free. Send me the dang texture file. 5 minutes, seriously. I modified my own textures in Skyrim. this is a simple realignment. Oh wait, you laid off all the artists. Sorry for the sarcasm but it's frustrating. Why do I want to pay for these errors? This is not isolated.

Prototypemind
02.01.2014 , 03:16 AM | #7
I'm tempted to say everyone should just start submitting tickets. I really don't want to spam them though, so perhaps someone could send one in and post the reply before we go on campaign.

Obreck
02.01.2014 , 03:33 AM | #8
Before someone a little too concerned with what perverts do starts rambling about sexism, the male version of Jori's Loincloth has the exact same texture bug. So its not just the female backsides being affected.

Fix this nonsense already. And for the love of god stop cut-n-pasting it onto new designs.

Taramayne
02.01.2014 , 03:03 PM | #9
..The longer this goes unfixed, the more patches that follow, the more code will have to be adjusted to fix it.

Please don't wait till it becomes a permanent issue.

Obreck
02.01.2014 , 11:29 PM | #10
Well just checked the PTS. Bug is still there, making the odds of it being fixed this Tuesday look bleak

But it could be worse; take a look what has happened to poor Lord Scourge:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...61&postcount=3

Bioware.... you need an overhaul on your costumes.....