Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

DarthDymond
01.02.2014 , 09:09 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
That IS the definition of an premade, imho !

Because you are then not a premade anymore.

Human psychology. Not understood by PvPers.
I do not think that word means what you think it does. [/InigoMontoya]

A premade group is a group that queued together before the match (hence "pre-", before the match, "made", grouped up), as contrasted with a Pick-Up Group (or PUG) where everyone queued individually (or in small groups, usually 1 or 2).

You can have PUGs that decided to coordinate a strategy, but that doesn't make them a premade. By the same token you can have a premade that utterly fails to plan or implement a strategy - but that doesn't make it a PUG. (It does defeat the purpose of forming a premade, but that's another matter.)
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Vember
01.02.2014 , 09:12 AM | #72
Premades against randoms is for carebears.

If you're a carebear, continue to queue your premade against randoms.

Grayseven
01.02.2014 , 09:20 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
Premades against randoms is for carebears.

If you're a carebear, continue to queue your premade against randoms.
How do you know it's a pre-made? How do you know if you aren't flying against a pre-made with your pre-made?

Not wanting to fight against a coordinated group is the definition of carebear in GSF. You seem to think that anyone who shows teamwork and coordination is a carebear when in fact your not wanting to fight against the best available is what being a carebear is all about.

This is a MMO. In MMO's, people play together. If you are playing a MMO and not playing with others...well, you are doing it wrong. If you are anti-social, if you hate playing with others, if you just want to log on and "do your thing" then you are gimping yourself and to expect others to change to your play style because you won't join a guild or play with friends is just ignorant.

Instead of railing against the limited advantage 4 players in VOIP contact have, start using teamwork yourself. Don't expect others to lower themselves to your level, their world does not revolve around your wants.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Elfa
01.02.2014 , 09:29 AM | #74
Lol, Pre-mades ruined GS by day 3, where you been at OP? Either deal with it or don't, not sure what to tell you.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Sangrar
01.02.2014 , 09:30 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
How do you know it's a pre-made? How do you know if you aren't flying against a pre-made with your pre-made?
Apparently if you lose to someone, it has to be a premade

Seriously I have had ground warzones where no one on the other team was even in the same guild and someone shouted "that was a premade" upon losing, and in gsf you can't even see guildnames. There are one or two premades yes, but not nearly as much as exaggerated on these forums.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Lymain
01.02.2014 , 09:30 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
If you're fighting against a pre-made comprised of two really good players and two average players, your PuG has a good chance to win if it happens to have three (or more) really good players.

If you're fighting against a team that has two really good players and your team doesn't have any really good players, you're almost certainly going to lose regardless of whether or not either side has a pre-made.
Xeric - Juggernaut - The Ebon Hawk

Elfa
01.02.2014 , 09:37 AM | #77
The whole issue with pre-mades could have been negated if not solved on day one by having built it voice com like so many games did years ago.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

spanthegnome
01.02.2014 , 09:38 AM | #78
Pre-mades aren't that big of a deal. It's when nearly an entire team is playing gunship. If Bioware could limit how many of each class type of ship are spawned it may be more competitive. Since only subbers from before Nov 1st have them it becomes a game of who has more gunships most of the time.
Spann | Mercenary Spandy | Operative Spannder | Marauder

Elfa
01.02.2014 , 09:42 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by spanthegnome View Post
Pre-mades aren't that big of a deal. It's when nearly an entire team is playing gunship. If Bioware could limit how many of each class type of ship are spawned it may be more competitive. Since only subbers from before Nov 1st have them it becomes a game of who has more gunships most of the time.
You mean whoever has the best gunship players.

OddballEasyEight
01.02.2014 , 10:46 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
That IS the definition of an premade, imho !

No.
Premade is not a random group of people deciding to cooperate.
Premade is a group of people who get together beforehand and form a team specifically to play.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.