Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

tekhiun's Avatar


tekhiun
01.01.2014 , 09:22 AM | #21
This is why they dont separate premade from pugs, most of the players just want an easy win. If they were playing against premades and winning less they would probably stop playing altogether, just sad imo.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
01.01.2014 , 09:50 AM | #22
Jesus the whiners in full effect! I play GSF everyday. I have played against and with all of the good players on my server. I recognize threats and wingmen. I have a 90% win ratio. I have been in a premade guild group maybe 10 matches out of the 500 i have played. I win against premades all the time. Am I an enigma or is your argument just crap?
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Elly_Dawn's Avatar


Elly_Dawn
01.01.2014 , 09:57 AM | #23
the fact that people are still playing it invalidates their argument on it's own... and when Preferreds get access even more will be queuing up, trying to get better while those that want a free ride to the top will still be whining that's it's unfair that they have to start at the bottom like everybody else...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Floredon's Avatar


Floredon
01.01.2014 , 10:12 AM | #24
you think you'd learn from battlegrounds OP but nope.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
01.01.2014 , 10:48 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
the fact that people are still playing it invalidates their argument on it's own... and when Preferreds get access even more will be queuing up, trying to get better while those that want a free ride to the top will still be whining that's it's unfair that they have to start at the bottom like everybody else...
That's why there is a matching system which will be important especially when f2p gets in. Presumably, as long as enough people queue you will be matched with people of more equal experience.

At the same time people who lose will always blame the system, Bioware, hacks etc. to excuse their own failings. That is something that needs to be taken into consideration as well in all this.
Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Danylia's Avatar


Danylia
01.01.2014 , 10:51 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
i love this bizarre concept that any new player to the game will be at a disadvantage to all day one players or "premades" ...
Of course they will be. In ground PVP, do you think that level 10(30) isn't at disadvantage to level 29(54), and that players new to the game aren't at disadvantage to veterans?

Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
and thus will not want to play the game ever again... if it worked like that then nobody would ever play except for the Day one / "premade" people...
You have a point there. Not everyone will give up, but some will (few? many? "some"? I don't know). Is that OK, or is that an issue? About that, see my previous post in this thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
where does this concept come from?.. it defies logical sense, it totally assumes everybody will try it once, get shot down, and never try it again afterwards, never wanting to improve and work their way to the top like those before them...
I agree that if it assumes "everybody", then it is wrong. If it assumes "some", then in my humble opinion, it is right.

Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
maybe it's just those that are whining just because they don't want to put in the effort that others have to upgrade their ships, improve their skills, and make parties of wingmen they can trust to watch their backs...
Again, about the last part (parties of wingmen) see my previous post here. About the other part, let me first quote your second post:
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
...while those that want a free ride to the top will still be whining that's it's unfair that they have to start at the bottom like everybody else...
They aren't whining that it's unfair to have to start at the bottom. They are "whining"(I use this word since it seems to be popular in counterarguments) because when the first day people started at the bottom, they did so - against other people starting at the bottom. When you start in these days at the bottom, you most likely do it against people at the top. And that is what seems unfair.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

Zohkar's Avatar


Zohkar
01.01.2014 , 10:51 AM | #27
I've used the chat box that is provided and honestly it needs alot of work. Trying to communicate using that box is cluncky verse using voice communication which is alot more of a advantage. When you get whispered you can not reply as easily as in ground combat or normal content like you can in space. However just like ground combat you can bet I am calling incoming if I see it (map), but atleast I can tell what kind of attack is incoming once I see the incoming attacker.

I personally solo que which means I get what I get and have to make due with it. You will say que with friends that play at the same time or with guildmates. Unfortunately my playtimes don't warrant me to make enough friends to que because I am mutli-tasking in game, and in life dutys. I refuse to leave my guild that I joined when I was forced to transfer to join a strictly starfighter guild when my bag of tricks include all of the games content, not just 1 small portion. Besides of the 100 active members in the guild, only 3 of us have played it and the rest could care less about it because they don't like pvp and or the controls to use it need alot of help.
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
01.01.2014 , 10:53 AM | #28
Are premades the new thing to complain about?
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
01.01.2014 , 10:55 AM | #29
Premade does not equal automatic win.

Two days ago, faced a premade in an arena. At the end, I said in open, "Good job, team! We destroyed the premade 2-0!" And we didn't have 1 death in the two battles.

While I very rarely do Starfighter, isn't that not really helpful to be premade or not more so than ground PvP? Or did I miss something?

jedip_enguin's Avatar


jedip_enguin
01.01.2014 , 11:00 AM | #30
People? In a group? Working together towards a common goal? In an MMO?

What perversion of nature is this? I demand the devs take the game offline immediately until this violation of gods plan can be patched out of this game and anybody who has ever queued for anything in a group be banned from ever playing any EA game ever again.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh