Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

Elfa
01.02.2014 , 01:16 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
Bioware should just make an option where a premade group can only fight other premade groups.
or add in game voice com.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.

Helig
01.02.2014 , 01:50 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
Well yes, social media has always defined what a friend is. Back in the day it used to be word of mouth socialization that defined it. Then we learned how to draw on cave walls. This new media put on rock who Grog found to be friends. Then we progressed to papyrus and paper. We took the paper and made books, some of these tomes we called dictionaries, a repository of socially acceptable terms defining words. We are now using the computer and internet, sadly that is where we are at, but in the end, that is what defines a friend, social media.
Definitions come and go, but the bonds that define what true friendship is remain the same - hard-wired, no matter how culture changes, no matter what gets called "friend" and what does not. It's pretty much an objective evolutionary mechanism for the mutual preservation. Everything more superficial than that is social frill, fluff, and is inconsequential and meaningless in the longer perspective.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Anzel
01.02.2014 , 01:52 PM | #93
I find it hard to believe that there are enough people playing GSF to even make a premade. I mean... it's only available to subs and I haven't seen the Q pop in the last week or so. I usually give it like 10-15 minutes and then I just leave the queue.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Costello
01.02.2014 , 03:52 PM | #94
There are long queue times but then who wants to queue up to get ganked.

On the one hand I rather hope BW don't fix GSF I don't find it overly much fun at the best of times and once you have maxed out a ship I don't see much appeal to playing so if no one is playing it they will hopefully invest the resources elsewhere. Come 2.6 which is the official galactic star fighter launch unless you are a subscriber or prefered customer in which case its a couple of new ships and some class tweeks no doubt well worth the wait. If it can be ruined by pre-mades and unbalanced matches the quicker its ruined for people the better.

On the other hand given 2 updates are being used on this it would be nice if it wasn't awful and with the current setup its a long way from being OK let alone good. So bioware need to do something to make it fun and meaningful and balanced. And given how little else there is to do in the game with so little new content GSF really needs to offer something. That or April will see people having to ask is this really the place to stay once you have completed the class story.

Zoom_VI
01.02.2014 , 05:16 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Not sure which server are you on, but in prime time, reg queues are pretty much instant on the servers that I accommodate. I'm sure a "don't match me against premades" box would put a dent in my waiting time.
Tell that to Jung Ma who has one instance of the fleet at any given time.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittyavenger View Post
You sure you didn't tab target satan by accident, leaped straight to hell?

Cripplers
01.02.2014 , 05:32 PM | #96
So much QQ
Pewpew

Denerio
01.02.2014 , 06:33 PM | #97
Queue times are starting to take a long time to pop for me as an average of 20+mins. I think the fun factor of GSF is starting to wear off already on people. This should of just been called a content patch and not an expansion because an expansion it surely is not. This has to be the biggest joke of an expansion in mmo history.

Grayseven
01.02.2014 , 06:36 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
Queue times are starting to take a long time to pop for me as an average of 20+mins. I think the fun factor of GSF is starting to wear off already on people. This should of just been called a content patch and not an expansion because an expansion it surely is not. This has to be the biggest joke of an expansion in mmo history.
Because it obviously has nothing to do with the holidays and people not being at home and everything to do with pre-mades, right? Oh, and it wasn't an expansion. It was early access. The expansion comes in 2.6 and includes much more stuff.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

DAMossimo
01.02.2014 , 06:40 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
Because it obviously has nothing to do with the holidays and people not being at home and everything to do with pre-mades, right? Oh, and it wasn't an expansion. It was early access. The expansion comes in 2.6 and includes much more stuff.
Much more? No. Some more.
Let's not over-hype it.

If people are disappointed by the early-release, they will most likely not be enthused about the official launch.