Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

Kratier
01.01.2014 , 03:05 AM | #1
no point in even subbing or paying to get in early, its garbage and ruined
you'd think theyd learn from battlegrounds, but nope.

Darth_Moonshadow
01.01.2014 , 03:24 AM | #2
Because Force forbid people actually make friends in this game and would like to play game modes together.

If you don't wait to get stomped by premades, you can, and say it with me, MAKE. YOUR. OWN. PREMADE.

Friendship is Magic, Seeeeeeeeee-yaaaath!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

AshlaBoga
01.01.2014 , 03:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Force forbid people actually make friends in this game and would like to play game modes together.

If you don't wait to get stomped by premades, you can, and say it with me, MAKE. YOUR. OWN. PREMADE.

Friendship is Magic, Seeeeeeeeee-yaaaath!
I love everything you said except the MLP reference.

I thought you weren't a Bronie.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Pathlight-
01.01.2014 , 04:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kratier View Post
no point in even subbing or paying to get in early, its garbage and ruined
you'd think theyd learn from battlegrounds, but nope.
Translation:

- I am a bad player who cannot make friends in an MMO. Please prevent others from playing together and beating me.

Darth_Moonshadow
01.01.2014 , 04:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

Correction: I am a Brony, not a Bronie. I will make the occasional reference, but I will not force others into watching the show or view cartoon ponies as objects of sexual desire.

Plus, the end quip ties it all together.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Helig
01.01.2014 , 04:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pathlight- View Post
Translation:

- I am a bad player who cannot make friends in an MMO. Please prevent others from playing together and beating me.
The sad part isn't that he can't/doesn't want to make friends. The sad part is calling people you play online with "friends".

But, as someone who queues for GSF solo almost exclusively, premades aren't half as bad as in ground PvP against pugs. They can't be everywhere (unless it's a full-full premade, the probability of which is very low), and you can have your fun by committing lightning-fast attacks on weakly-defended sats (barrel=>boost=>barrel and you're near a sat from the spawn point already), no matter the ship you're using.
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

One can appreciate the art without going rabid. Or is someone in schoolyard mood today, hmm?
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

OddballEasyEight
01.01.2014 , 04:44 AM | #7
OMG YES!
Please, Bioware, please stop people from cooperating in this multiplayer game!
It should be expressly forbidden to actually work with eachother in a coordinated manner!

It ruins the fun of all of us who are unable to make any friends because of our personality, and that is unfair!

Tsillah
01.01.2014 , 05:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
OMG YES!
Please, Bioware, please stop people from cooperating in this multiplayer game!
It should be expressly forbidden to actually work with eachother in a coordinated manner!

It ruins the fun of all of us who are unable to make any friends because of our personality, and that is unfair!

Although I generally agree with your feelings on this, I still think it would be better to have random warzones where you can only q as solo and a separate q for premade teams. In the end there is a definite advantage to having both. What BW's problem is though in my view is that there isn't enough PvP going on to be able to separate it into different activities. At the same time, the fact that everything is sort of thrown together makes it that people lose interest in pvp altogether.

Like it or not, the fact that a group of 4 that enters together has a massive advantage over a team that doesn't have that creates an imbalance and pushes people out of the PvP activities because they feel like there's no point. You may say good riddance but in the end it means less people playing PvP again and longer queues yet again.

Personally I haven't had much of a problem with this yet but I am pretty sure this isn't the last we heard of it and I think PvP in general needs some help and I think throwing everyone on the same heap for quicker queues is counterproductive in the end.

Honestly, people may love or hate GW1, but that game had a much better idea how to handle PvP and offer different formats for it. Not a perfect game either but oddly they had it figured out much better there than in GW2.

SWTOR just didn't have the right formats from the start and I hope that GSF will soon get new maps that are not domination style because that's one of the problems. Domination requires people to sit and defend even when no one attacks and people get bored, abandon post and get yelled at for it. Surely there's a reason why more PvP oriented games like shooters have ctf and death match style maps.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...

Nomaad
01.01.2014 , 05:08 AM | #9
Yes, /reported for great teamwork.

Shut up.
Go back to your Nintendo ds.
Profit.

AlexDougherty
01.01.2014 , 05:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomaad View Post
Yes, /reported for great teamwork.

Shut up.
Go back to your Nintendo ds.
Profit.
Err, Nintendo 3DS surely, at least that's what I have.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.