Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reinvigorate the "Darth" and "Master" titles.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Reinvigorate the "Darth" and "Master" titles.

OddballEasyEight
01.01.2014 , 02:50 AM | #21
Well, considering that everyone that has that title is either the voice of the emperor or has a seat on the dark council, I'd say they earned it.

This is the problem with MMO's.
Everyone you meet at end-game has saved the world and killed the biggest monsters in the universe pretty much.
Everyone is a ******...
Deal with it or start playing single player games.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

AshlaBoga
01.01.2014 , 03:49 AM | #22
Might work for NEW titles, but changing older titles would make many players angry.

I 100% the OP regarding Legacy Title "Darth." But 100% oppose the OP regarding changing existing reqs.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Beltane
01.01.2014 , 04:23 AM | #23
OP is thinking of those titles in movie terms. In this timeline Darths and Jedi Masters are really pretty common.

What is NOT common are Dark & Jedi Council members. While some of the class stories wind up being on the council, there's no title for that and so it's easy to ignore.

For Sith the ranks go Acolyte, Sith, Lord, Darth, Dark Council. So Darths aren't at the top of the food chain if you look at it from that perspective.

Turajin
01.01.2014 , 04:28 AM | #24
As others already said:
the titles "Dart" and "Master" are part of the personal Story-line. You earn them via the story events. Sure, that means there are thousands of Darths and Masters (since there are thousands of players who finished the relevant story-line). Who cares? I'd guess it's a minority that is bothered by the flood of Siths and Masters. The majority is propably quite happy that their character earned that title during the story-missions. And I'd say they wouldn't appreciate if their title is ripped off of them (or they are banned to get it, if their Sith/Jedi has not reached that point so far during their personal story-line) just to please those few (in relation to the overall size of the community).

I, in example, am not playing PvP - it's just not my cup of tea. I'd hate to be forced to do some part of the game that is, in no way, related to the storyline, to get an story-rekated title. I'm not sure, but aren't there titles for all those non-story-related achievements? If not, than there is room for new titles.

AlexDougherty
01.01.2014 , 05:12 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JidaiDerriphan View Post
Hello SWTOR community, as a long time player and life long Star Wars fan it saddens me that the most prestigious Sith and Jedi titles are so easily earned in this game. Originally at launch it was pretty awesome to see Darths walking around but upon hitting level 50 and getting the title myself I rarely used it because how common it had already become. Jedi masters and Sith Darths are supposed to be the most powerful force users in the galaxy and that feeling (to me) has been completely lost over the last 2 years.
Elitism in the worst sense here, it's not enough that there are other titles out there, ones people have to work to get, no you want to restrict a title that huge numbers of Sith and Jedi have. For crying out loud there are Darths on the front line being used as Cannon fodder (literally on some planets), so clearly there are thousands of Darths and Masters out there, and we the players make up a tiny fraction.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.