Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reinvigorate the "Darth" and "Master" titles.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Reinvigorate the "Darth" and "Master" titles.

MidichIorian
12.31.2013 , 08:06 PM | #11
I'm all for that. Hell, make it 5 or more legendary standings.

ShadowMudkip
12.31.2013 , 09:17 PM | #12
I wear my Founder medal, as no one else can get it unless they too had received it in 2012.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Sangrar
12.31.2013 , 09:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMudkip View Post
I wear my Founder medal, as no one else can get it unless they too had received it in 2012.
me too man, and ain't no one going to take my Darth title away!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Cordarn
01.01.2014 , 12:06 AM | #14
I don't agree with this, For the simple reason of everyone is the all star of their story. Do you think that you would kill the emperor and stay a jedi knight??? No, that would be absurd. Because in your storyline anyone else of the same class does not exist. They should keep the titles the way it is. Its not needed to change the master and darth titles simply because you don't think they are "prestigious" enough.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

MandFlurry
01.01.2014 , 12:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
I don't think many people would take kindly to having their title ripped away.

I think adding "Grand Master" and "High Lord" or something of that nature would maybe be better suited toward having such high requirements.
I wouldn't mind having my Master title stripped away, the OP is right in a lot of ways. On a Pve server you should have to go through a lot more things like the Ops was talking about, but only doing a great number of things on the Pve side. and as for Pvp servers, they should have to earn it also by doing great things in Pvp.

If every1 thinks they really deserve their Master and Darth titles, than their either off their rockers and stroking their egos, or they really deserved their Master/Darth titles. Like i said, i wouldn't mind having my Master status taken' away.

Drox
01.01.2014 , 12:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
If every1 thinks they really deserve their Master and Darth titles, than their either off their rockers and stroking their egos, or they really deserved their Master/Darth titles.
Isn't wanting the titles harder to get a form of ego stroking once you get them? Seems hypocritical to support the titles being harder to get since it would be for bragging rights, thus ego stroking. Since in reality, it isn't hard to do most of what the OP listed. While some of what he listed is a little overkill.

lol Don't think anyone cares that much about the titles being harder to get, just would make the story completely illogical with how much you do and stay in a lowly position at the end. All those Sith and Jedi titles are based on the story, and the story alone. Why only make one of those titles not apart of the story just for achievement hunters?

Phrase
01.01.2014 , 12:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JidaiDerriphan View Post
Hello SWTOR community, as a long time player and life long Star Wars fan it saddens me that the most prestigious Sith and Jedi titles are so easily earned in this game. Originally at launch it was pretty awesome to see Darths walking around but upon hitting level 50 and getting the title myself I rarely used it because how common it had already become. Jedi masters and Sith Darths are supposed to be the most powerful force users in the galaxy and that feeling (to me) has been completely lost over the last 2 years.

This is a pre-suggestion post to gather community opinion on what the actual suggestion should be to Bioware- The basic idea I have is that they should edit some of the story line to change the titles received at the end of the story missions, and replace the original requirement with much more difficult requirements, to bring back the prestige to the Darth and Jedi Master titles.

So the requirements might be something like:
Finish Class Storyline
100 Valor
Social X
50 Legacy
at least 1 legend standing
Datacron master
Lore Master

Does anyone think this idea could gain community support or should I not even suggest it? If you have ideas/input feel free to share, I didn't want to make the requirements impossible , but enough difficulty to restore the prestige.
Imagine how I felt once I realized every other bounty hunter in the galaxy had also won the Great Hunt--a bit like I did when I earned my participation trophy with my under-6 soccer team.

Never mind the fact that every other bounty hunter is also the Republic's Most Wanted. Good thing the subs dropped; the SIS was getting to be severely overworked.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Darth_Wicked
01.01.2014 , 12:47 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Drox View Post
(...)
Spoiler
(...)
And yet, technically speaking, you never actually get that title and were supposed to get the one you mentioned in that same phrase, namely...
Spoiler

Still wishing it is reintroduced.

/OT

Drox
01.01.2014 , 12:55 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
And yet, technically speaking, you never actually get that title and were supposed to get the one you mentioned in that same phrase, namely...
What's interesting is the Inquisitors ending is a lot more satisfying than the Warriors because of that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Spoiler

Still wishing it is reintroduced.

/OT
Yeah, I got hyped when I went to Makeb and Darth Marr addressed me as such. However that was it of that, and I was back to the same old stuff. Thus why I hope they add endgame content that expands upon your class position in the story somehow.

Halinalle
01.01.2014 , 01:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMudkip View Post
I usually use my Founder title until the end of chapter 2. Unfortunately some players try to grief as much they can if they see me using it.