Classic KOTOR outfits could be much better

ODST-Parker

Once again, Bioware, you give us an outfit from the KOTOR games, which is a great thought. I would love to have my entire legacy kitted out with armor and outfits from KOTOR and KOTOR2.

There's only one problem. It seems that almost every time you give us one of these gears sets, either in the market itself or as part of one of those gosh darned packs, you have to change it just enough to where it looks different from what we saw in the old games. I know it has to look different, obviously, simply because SWTOR's graphics are vastly changed, but you don't have to change the design completely.

For one, ENOUGH with the skin tight outfits! I'm so tired of having legs, boots, and gloves that look like I painted the design onto myself. Atton's outfit is the perfect example, the only bit that isn't skin tight is the jacket.

Secondly, if people are asking for the classic sets of armor and other outfits worn by the player and companions of Knights of the Old Republic, I think they are looking for the armor and outfits FROM THE GAME, NOT CONCEPT ART! For example, we just got the KOTOR Republic Trooper armor in the Cartel Market.

I thought I could finally get the helmet that I've always wanted for my Commando, the helmet from KOTOR, the one that is very similar in style the the Rebel Alliance soldiers at the start of A New Hope, on the Cartel Market, without having to sift through dozens of stupid packs of next to useless items or grind enough credits to buy it off the in-game market for a ridiculous price. But no... they had to use the old concept art that almost no one liked or even saw in the first place. Why pull that one out again? It makes no sense.

In-game model of the Republic Trooper, with the helmet that I would like:

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090101132959/starwars/images/8/87/Kotor_manaan_rep_soldier.jpg

Here's a 3D model of it too, just for good measure:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=cf68cd6e5a400ca03f217b945a063dd2

Here is the concept are model used for the armor that we have in SWTOR now, the one that makes no sense practically and looks absolutely horrible:

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110312152221/starwars/images/3/32/RepublicMiliaryKotORCG.jpg

If you're going to make the classic gear from KOTOR that everyone loved, please make the ones from KOTOR, and not concept art, and please don't change it, we obviously liked it as it was.

I looked at the outfits, and immediately disliked them, sorry but they have very little appeal to me, and I imagine little appeal to others. Admittedly this is just my opinion, but there are better outfits out there.

Sorry to start the new year on a downer, but there you go, sorry.

Edit: looked at the outfits on the CM, and can't say there is much difference, which is to say just as unappealling, can't see why anyone would buy them, sorry.

Edited by AlexDougherty

@^@ FINALLY!! I thought I was the only one who cared about that set...

I was also expecting this armor too and I liked it until I saw the helmet... I TOTALLY HATE IT!!! It doesnt look even close to the models we got on KOTOR, I wont complain about the rest of the set they are nice but the HELMET JEESUS!!!! X____X

I looked at the outfits, and immediately disliked them, sorry but they have very little appeal to me, and I imagine little appeal to others. Admittedly this is just my opinion, but there are better outfits out there.

Sorry to start the new year on a downer, but there you go, sorry.

Edit: looked at the outfits on the CM, and can't say there is much difference, which is to say just as unappealling, can't see why anyone would buy them, sorry.

To each their own, I suppose. I just liked the look of the helmet specifically, and it would go perfectly with my current armor set, or it would if the dye module areas were changed and the design was the in-game version.