Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why the different treatment?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why the different treatment?

Einobi's Avatar


Einobi
12.30.2013 , 02:45 PM | #1
I just realized that the seat (not in the cockpit area) in imperial agent personal starship are interact-able such that the char can sit on the chair when clicked. But in other starship of other classes, the chair are non-interact-able.

So it is not a case of technical hurdle in implementing interact-able seat in starship, so why the different treatment to give it to some classes and not others?

BTW, if you are gonna fixed the seat in other classes starship, can you also make the bed interact-able? I had paid good cc for an interact-able bed. Pls.

ELRunninW's Avatar


ELRunninW
12.30.2013 , 02:49 PM | #2
I can sit in every republic star ship, there is always one chair you can click on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
BTW, if you are gonna fixed the seat in other classes starship, can you also make the bed interact-able? I had paid good cc for an interact-able bed. Pls.
I must have missed the cartel market offer of interactive bed, can I get waterbed for my toons?

Einobi's Avatar


Einobi
12.30.2013 , 03:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
I can sit in every republic star ship, there is always one chair you can click on.
Where can you find one on Jedi ship? I am not referring to the cockpit area. Outside of it.

Zorvan's Avatar


Zorvan
12.30.2013 , 04:12 PM | #4
If you're on your ship longer than the time it takes to get onboard, run to the starmap, make a selection, and run back to the exit, you're doing it wrong.

The insides of ships could be cardboard cutouts for all it matters.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
12.30.2013 , 04:16 PM | #5
I just noticed recently you can sit in the "bar" on the Scoundrel ship as well. It was not always like that.

ELRunninW's Avatar


ELRunninW
12.30.2013 , 04:21 PM | #6
I have never thought of looking for a sitting location outside of the cockpit. I can not think of a reason why I would. I have never seen any description that such feature is available and it would make no difference anyway. When I read your post, it seemed to me that you have some good reason to ask for it, but I can not imagine what it could be. In this game player interaction with environment is highly limited. If you, for some reason, need more interaction you are out of luck.
/me waving hand
This isn't the game you're looking for

Btw, I am not entirely sure, but I believe trooper has some usable chairs outside of the cockpit. Also CC has some chairs for your convenience, thought I am not sure how they work on the ship.

KarmaForce's Avatar


KarmaForce
12.30.2013 , 04:29 PM | #7
I was able to sit in one of my ships and I also noticed why they aren't in more spots in game. They don't mind your body type and the clipping issues.

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
12.30.2013 , 05:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
I have never thought of looking for a sitting location outside of the cockpit. I can not think of a reason why I would. I have never seen any description that such feature is available and it would make no difference anyway. When I read your post, it seemed to me that you have some good reason to ask for it, but I can not imagine what it could be. In this game player interaction with environment is highly limited. If you, for some reason, need more interaction you are out of luck.
/me waving hand
This isn't the game you're looking for

Btw, I am not entirely sure, but I believe trooper has some usable chairs outside of the cockpit. Also CC has some chairs for your convenience, thought I am not sure how they work on the ship.
To me it sounds like you are in the wrong game if you discount the environment so much. Being able to sit in ships has been asked for many times by many players.

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
12.30.2013 , 05:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
BTW, if you are gonna fixed the seat in other classes starship, can you also make the bed interact-able? I had paid good cc for an interact-able bed. Pls.
But hardly anyone else would. That's why it won't happen.

ELRunninW's Avatar


ELRunninW
12.30.2013 , 05:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
To me it sounds like you are in the wrong game if you discount the environment so much. Being able to sit in ships has been asked for many times by many players.
I think my observation was honest, what do you base your suggestion on? Any hints that this game respects your view in any, non satirical way?
Many is very relative term, let me give you an example, not many players have asked for this feature if it has not become part of this game.