Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vorpal's Official Midnight-Black Crystal Request Thread...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Vorpal's Official Midnight-Black Crystal Request Thread...

Darth_Moonshadow
01.02.2014 , 08:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
No problem, I was just suggesting a compromise, since the Lore enforcers still raise their hackles at this one, not sure why, but they still do.

Personally I don't care what someone wears or equips, so long as it's not totally tacky. Hell, I even suggested the Keyblade from Kingdom hearts once, so I'm not going to get on my high horse (unless someone creates a courser mount from the Bahzell Bahnakson books(you either get this reference or you don't)).
As a major Lore head, I can say that it's not the Black crystals that bug us. Black crystals are totally acceptable. It's when people ask for the Darksaber, the unique, ONE-OF-IT'S-KIND legendary lightsaber, that gets my Nerd Rage running. The Mandolorians stole it from the temple and have kept it hidden until the Clone Wars. To suddenly see it on the Cartel Market or seeing thousands on the fleet is not just lore breaking, it's very tacky and trivializes the value of the Darksaber. Not to mention that if the Mandos were discovered to possess the most powerful lightsaber in the galaxy this whole time and not hand it over to the Sith, Mandolore would have burned to cinders and every Bounty Hunter would be killed on sight.

Black crystals: Cool. People have been trying to recreate the Darksaber's power for centuries. It makes sense to see them.

Darksaber: Not cool. You should not have one. Breaks lore into billions of pieces and I will not play a game were Lore is treated as such.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

canshep
01.03.2014 , 02:06 AM | #22
I would like to see this in game.

DarthVengeant
01.03.2014 , 02:11 AM | #23
/signed

Please put this in the game. BUT, make it earn-able like the Taun Taun on Hoth as well as Cartel Coin purchase. Give us two ways to get it, one that doesn't involve Cartel Coins or ridiculous prices on the GTN.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
It's not the worst idea, maybe if they made them extremely Rare drop in cartel packs, like five or six per month per server, then they wouldn't offend those who say they are virtually non-existant lorewise.
NO, on this idea of making it super rare. Why does everything need to be rare and ridiculous prices on GTN? Cant we just have some things for once? How about Sub only heh? Yes, that sounds better.

orangefishboy
01.03.2014 , 02:14 AM | #24
I vote yes for black crystals, but they should be on the newly returned crystal vendor (tba), rather than on the Cartel Market.

Shelshoq
01.03.2014 , 02:17 AM | #25
that would be kweel

AlexDougherty
01.03.2014 , 04:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
As a major Lore head, I can say that it's not the Black crystals that bug us. Black crystals are totally acceptable. It's when people ask for the Darksaber, the unique, ONE-OF-IT'S-KIND legendary lightsaber, that gets my Nerd Rage running. The Mandolorians stole it from the temple and have kept it hidden until the Clone Wars. To suddenly see it on the Cartel Market or seeing thousands on the fleet is not just lore breaking, it's very tacky and trivializes the value of the Darksaber. Not to mention that if the Mandos were discovered to possess the most powerful lightsaber in the galaxy this whole time and not hand it over to the Sith, Mandolore would have burned to cinders and every Bounty Hunter would be killed on sight.

Black crystals: Cool. People have been trying to recreate the Darksaber's power for centuries. It makes sense to see them.

Darksaber: Not cool. You should not have one. Breaks lore into billions of pieces and I will not play a game were Lore is treated as such.
Yes, I would love a pure black crystal myself, but have seen some people using the darksaber as a reason not to do it, which is why I said ultra-rare, but if people want it as a regular directly buyable crystal, great, do it.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Zaitana
01.03.2014 , 07:40 AM | #27
they ought to retire the orange-yellow crystals currently on the CM and replace them with pure black ones. I would even be cool with a slight price bump to try and slow market saturation. but I have to agree that it would be nice to see more cool stuff (like the new pr-3 mount and thermal retention set) just go straight onto the cm rather than being yet another rare drop from a pack.

Spamfritter
01.03.2014 , 10:00 AM | #28
They need to make a white black instead of a black white. Or whatever the reverse of the current one is. Pure black is the absence of light which makes zero sense for a lightsaber.
CE VIP

Glorthox
01.03.2014 , 03:06 PM | #29
Black / Black crystal would be awesome. But i'd rather see artifices being able to create their own color crystals. Give players a bigger option of creation.

Vorpaledged
01.05.2014 , 01:04 AM | #30
I'm not requesting a Pure Black Crystal for lore purposes, I am not even interested in 'The Darksaber' for that matter. I want one because I think it would really be desirable to most players and also would go really well with my armor colors (Deep Gray/Black). Being the Collector that I am, would like to own a few, as long as they are BoE. I'd even like to see a Black-White one like some of those previous screenshots.