Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why I cant do Ops


TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
12.27.2013 , 12:58 PM | #1
Duran'del here:

Today, I tried doing a PuG SnV run so I could hear up. I had a few guildies(Most of them prefer to do scheduled ops) and we headed in. However, on Dash'roode, The person with the shield didnt move, so we wiped. Several playrrs started complaining that "It was too hard" and "Its too complicated." One even complained that "we were doing zero damage to it". Players started quitting. I eventually left because it was going to be too hard to find more people and gave up.

Ilways have bad luck raiding. I probably should just give up doing it and deal with having campaign- and entry-level-gear forever.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Sarkos's Avatar


Sarkos
12.27.2013 , 01:10 PM | #2
wait, were you leading the Ops group? if so, was it 8 or 16 man? Also, if you were the Ops Leader, it would have been your responsability to ask your members if they knew the encounter and to give specific roles to experienced players such as the one on shield duty during Dash'Roode.
However, i will say this : it was a PuG run, scenarios like the one you described are often encountered by players.

This is why some players who lead ops groups are often " gear-nazis " - they want to make sure every ops member knows what to do so that the group as a whole can have a good time. I for one support this way of thinking. And this is where Guilds come in : for players who have less experience, guild runs are the best way to learn how to " run " Operations.

Tl:dR - **** happens, don't despair,be happy
- '' I suggest a new strategy, Ray. Let EA win. ''

TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
12.27.2013 , 01:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarkos View Post
wait, were you leading the Ops group? if so, was it 8 or 16 man? Also, if you were the Ops Leader, it would have been your responsability to ask your members if they knew the encounter and to give specific roles to experienced players such as the one on shield duty during Dash'Roode.
However, i will say this : it was a PuG run, scenarios like the one you described are often encountered by players.

This is why some players who lead ops groups are often " gear-nazis " - they want to make sure every ops member knows what to do so that the group as a whole can have a good time. I for one support this way of thinking. And this is where Guilds come in : for players who have less experience, guild runs are the best way to learn how to " run " Operations.

Tl:dR - **** happens, don't despair,be happy
I was ops leader. 8-man PuG run. I had a guild mate who did the op before, and I thought he'd explain it.

My guild does scheduled runs and people have to sign up. I can't access it, so that's out of the question

As I said before, I should just stop doing ops because I can't ever do them. The main reason I want to do them is to not feel useless to the guild. I am thinking of quitting it(I always think about leaving a child when I'm depressed), but my older brother(this is his account) is in it.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Sarkos's Avatar


Sarkos
12.27.2013 , 01:46 PM | #4
lol well if it is your borther's account, you might want to talk to him about it first :P

concerning how your guild operates. I don't know how many members it has but why not throw the idea of a second ops group? The same thing happened to my guild : people wanted to raid and after a guild meeting we finaly created a second ops group, completely independant from the first one that has it own progression.
- '' I suggest a new strategy, Ray. Let EA win. ''

TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
12.27.2013 , 02:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarkos View Post
lol well if it is your borther's account, you might want to talk to him about it first :P

concerning how your guild operates. I don't know how many members it has but why not throw the idea of a second ops group? The same thing happened to my guild : people wanted to raid and after a guild meeting we finaly created a second ops group, completely independant from the first one that has it own progression.
We share the account

I think the guild already has raiding groups: 3 of them, actually.

I have a tendency to miss meetings so I might bring that up in guild chat.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
12.27.2013 , 07:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
We share the account

I think the guild already has raiding groups: 3 of them, actually.

I have a tendency to miss meetings so I might bring that up in guild chat.
If you don't mind me asking, why do you share the account? I mean you could get your own and go preferred with unlocks. Wouldn't that be easier?
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
12.27.2013 , 07:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
If you don't mind me asking, why do you share the account? I mean you could get your own and go preferred with unlocks. Wouldn't that be easier?
Its more of a matter of convience. I do have a second account(Prefered w/ unlocks). If we have one account, it takes less time to log in compared to switching accounts. I'm also quite used to sharing stuff with him(Xbox, Computer, etc.). It doesn't bother me, really.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
12.27.2013 , 08:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Its more of a matter of convience. I do have a second account(Prefered w/ unlocks). If we have one account, it takes less time to log in compared to switching accounts. I'm also quite used to sharing stuff with him(Xbox, Computer, etc.). It doesn't bother me, really.
No worries. My brother and I share my psn account so I understand.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
12.28.2013 , 12:53 AM | #9
Well, sounds like it comes down to the fact that you were in a pug group and didn't take the time to make sure everyone knew the fight. Part of your responsibility as the Ops leader. Pug groups will get frustrated easily, and often times it's worth a brief explanation of the fight even if no one speaks up when you ask if everyone knows the mechanics. Even when you ask, and you give an overview it never fails to amaze that you wipe and get an "Oh, I didn't see that part of the explanation," or a "yeah, I just forgot about that." Live, learn, and do it to it.

TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
12.28.2013 , 09:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Well, sounds like it comes down to the fact that you were in a pug group and didn't take the time to make sure everyone knew the fight. Part of your responsibility as the Ops leader. Pug groups will get frustrated easily, and often times it's worth a brief explanation of the fight even if no one speaks up when you ask if everyone knows the mechanics. Even when you ask, and you give an overview it never fails to amaze that you wipe and get an "Oh, I didn't see that part of the explanation," or a "yeah, I just forgot about that." Live, learn, and do it to it.
One of my guild mates knew the fight, and I thought he'd explain it. He offered to do it in TS, but no one had it.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon