Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reposting this just because I know you guys are not listening on Facebook.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Reposting this just because I know you guys are not listening on Facebook.

Kallahnn
12.13.2011 , 02:19 PM | #1
This is not mine. I removed the gentlemans name here out of respect for him. I would hope EA would learn somthing from this, but I would have better luck winning the lottery. Also, hey dont worry about trolling me, this isnt mine so therefore dont care about horrid comments meant to elicit a response from me

EA, you have accomplished one thing today, making people feel inferior, unwanted, and less than. Thanks.

Quote:
I registered on this site back in July 2010. I have been following SWTOR for a very long time. I am a big fan and I was lucky to get a chance to get into beta. I heard about the EGA (Early game release system) quite a while back but didn't really understand the full effects until now. The underlying problem with EGA is the fact that if you did not have the cash to shell out 60$ USD + tax on a game until a bit late you are getting punished. I have 3 kids I don't have enough money to be spending on games all the time. In fact I barely manage to make my dang mortgage payments at the moment.

Sometimes I have to budget and save up. This system punishes guys like me. who were just as big of fans as the next guy but instead of being able to buy the game maybe I had to get other things that mattered more. Fact of the matter is that I didnt have the money to spend on this game till Nov 30th of this year. Once I had the money though I went and got the digi deluxe version. Heck I could have gotten Skyrim and be playing it now but I didn't. I was a loyal customer becuase I know you guys rock!

I've been playing Bioware games since BG and have beaten EVERY single game to date. I will not be buying another game from your company after this and I will be refunding my order unless I see some major steps taken to resolve this issue. A random number generator or something not based on date of buying the game would be WAY more along logical lines and pretty much fix the issue for me becuase at least I would know then I have a chance of getting in sometime soon. This is an unfair and unwaranted attack on low income peple that are having a hell of a time making it by in this economy right now. Don't punish me and others like myself because I didn't have enough money to spend on the game until after thanksgiving.

Regards,

dmanlong
12.13.2011 , 02:29 PM | #2
This is a MMO. It will be around for many years. A few days or even a month will not make a difference. If you are an adult, I am sure you understand the value of patience. In the grand scheme of things, posting about this or kicking and screaming like many of the children of this forums are doing - will gain you nothing.

ArcShenku
12.13.2011 , 02:35 PM | #3
Porsche also punishes people like him. I mean, not everyone (including me) can just afford a Porsche, and a bunch of people are HUGE Porsche fans. Been following them for years. Just not fair that people that haven't been following them for as long get to drive them before I have a chance to budget and save up.....

we are the <insert percentage here>

Arcanum
Black Sun Mercenaries|Jedi Covenant|Empire Sniper
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection ready unit has ever passed combat.

MCNavalArch
12.13.2011 , 02:39 PM | #4
Strange the gentlemen mentions not having the funds to pay $60+ for a pre-order, as I got my pre-order for $5 deposit through a retailer. I got my regestration code and redeemed it and am patienly awaiting my early game access. Through 100% my own choices I did not pre-order till Oct so I know I will be waiting to get in. I chose not to rush out and drop $5 the first day of pre-orders and being informed I knew it would mean less EGA time for me, big whoop.

People are ************ and moaning about the "Launch Day" fiasco this has turned into. News Flash people, this isn't launch day. It is PRE Launch Day. I expect issues and problems, and encourage them to happen now before the official release day than on the 20th.

Just my thoughts. We all just need to calm down and know that we will be playing on the 20th if not sooner!

THEBelkas
12.13.2011 , 02:45 PM | #5
So it's Bioware's fault that this guy didn't have $60 soon enough to get into EGA? Maybe this guy and people like him should 1)get a better job, 2)learn how to better manage their money, 3)have 1 less child, 4)buy a more affordable house...

How long was he following this game? I am sure the $60 price tag was a complete shock...not enough time to put money aside. I bet the $15 sub also means 3 less value meals per month.

Back to reading more QQ threads for laughs.

Robstercraw
12.13.2011 , 02:54 PM | #6
I am always floored to hear people like this guy complaining about how he is being punished for being low income but also says he has 3 kids. I am 38 years old. Been married over 10 years. I have a fair amount of disposable income. Why? Because I chose to NOT have 3 children. If you can't afford children along with all your "wants" in life then either eliminate the "wants" or don't have children. Getting a better job is not always a possibility (especially in this economy) but if he had less children, he would probably all have less house to pay for. We have made the choice to not have children so we could enjoy each other and our wants. Having children is a choice. If you have them, suck it up and accept your life. Otherwise, next time, invest in a box of condoms!

WookieePower
12.13.2011 , 02:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcShenku View Post
Porsche also punishes people like him. I mean, not everyone (including me) can just afford a Porsche, and a bunch of people are HUGE Porsche fans. Been following them for years. Just not fair that people that haven't been following them for as long get to drive them before I have a chance to budget and save up.....

we are the <insert percentage here>

This comparison is slightly flawed. Porsche would not allow a customer to drive off in one of their vehicles with just a 3% to 12% down payment either, which is roughly what the $5 pre-pay charge is equal to for either the SE, DD, or CE.
"An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bulls***."
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
- General George Patton Jr

Troge
12.13.2011 , 02:58 PM | #8
Hate to say it but if the OP has trouble paying his mortgage and is playing a game instead of providing for his family he is stupid.

FAMILY FIRST

SkyNett
12.13.2011 , 02:59 PM | #9
I think that guy should be way more concerned about the fact that he's a grown man who, by his own admission, can "barely make his mortgage payment", yet he's whining about not getting to play a damn game.

That's pretty sad.

hinduchocolate
12.13.2011 , 03:01 PM | #10
Seriously, also how is this guy planning on affording the subscription fee? Maybe he should take the money and invest into further education.