Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lowbie CC in FPs

ItachiZaku
12.26.2013 , 08:01 AM | #1
Hi! Just came back recently (beta player, back since thanksgiving) and was rolling a couple new toons to get used to things again, learn to do things etc. Main is SIS and was leveling a shadow and healer sage. Now, in leveling my 55, i rarely did flashpoints. I really only know black talon/esseles and so I'm uber nervous about tanking on my shadow due to the pulls being spread out, not having a "jump" so to speak, the mobs being spread out, not knowing the layout etc.

I try to queue as dps to see it and learn it a bit and in doing so and waiting for my roommate to get higher level to be my pocket healer, I was leveling the new sage and healing.

While healing Esseles last night, all were 10/11 and I was 14, we get past midway to the little room with the 2 gold mech droids and before we pull, I say "I will CC left" and I force lift him and.... all 3 go after him. I just ... as I had been CCing here and there, stuns for the most part, FL the one silver in the other small room with a lot of spread out mobs etc. The thing is, I've had this happen quite a bit, where people would light up what I've CC'd almost right away.

Now, I know in Esseles is like the CZR level 55 FPs, no roles for the most part, but for my leveling experience and preparation, is this going to be the case here on up? As tank/healer, should I bother with CC or plan for CC or even bother doing it aside from my own stuns? I'm far from great, but would like to know the expectations going forward.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Indignatron
12.26.2013 , 08:32 AM | #2
While it's really good that you're trying to get used to the idea of CCing and everything which absolutely is something you should continue to do while leveling and doing leveling FPs for pulls where things can be tight, the thing you'll need to keep in mind is that a lot of people don't know what CC is (especially early on like Esseles and BT, most people don't tend to pick up on it until Hammer Station due to the first big droid pull if they're newer).

Honestly, there's no big reason to do any CCing in the first FP on either side so it's not a big deal, but you will need to keep in mind it's probably a good idea to both mark what you're going to CC and generally advise people not to attack it so they really understand what you're doing. Later on just marking them and doing it should suffice (in most cases at least, but there's probably always going to be a case where it's going to happen regardless). That said, I do applaud you for taking the effort to get in the habit of doing it because far too many people don't.
The Shadowlands

Ulýsses | Tyrfing | Kavarin | Tahnia | Marelda | Elýse
Angantyr | Hollande | Cilas | Cairine | Indignatus | Digotz