Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Credit Seller Spam is Getting Worse Lately

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Credit Seller Spam is Getting Worse Lately

branmakmuffin
12.25.2013 , 08:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Personally, I'm less annoyed by the occasional credit seller spam than all the LFGroup/Guild, WTS/WTB spam that fills up the chat box faster than any credit spammer does.
Yes, general chat must be kept clear for important things like "Where's the bounty dude?" and "When do I learn force choke?"

Sangrar
12.25.2013 , 08:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Because of the 7 deadly sins, particularly sloth and greed. 8 dollars is about 5 Euros for 1 million credits. If you buy stuff via the cartel market it's more expensive than that. That amount buys you 1.5 cartel packs basically.

Now I am not saying it's a good idea. I am against gold sellers and I don't send my bank details when I get an email from Nigeria telling me they have 200 million dollars for me, but apparently some people do because otherwise they wouldn't do it anymore.

So why are people so stupid to fall for these things? Because people are people and they do really dumb things. You'd be surprised how easy it is to entice people just with the promise of big amounts of cash or credits. It's sad but it's out there.
that's what I call being LAZY, which falls under your sloth category. If you run Black hole, Section X, CZ-198, Oricon, and some dailies and weeklies, all of which don't take a long time to do, then you become a millionaire easy, half an hour in the Black Hole is 100k alone!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

branmakmuffin
12.25.2013 , 08:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
half an hour in the Black Hole is 100k alone!
That sounds so dirty.

Sangrar
12.25.2013 , 08:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
that sounds so dirty.
this is christmas how could you be having those thoughts on christmas!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Flaniganican
12.25.2013 , 09:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
It still has to do with f2p accounts. The recent development might just be a matter of there being less monitoring around the holidays or simply that the reporting is working too well for them on the starter planets so they've gone to the next best place, the fleet. The recent double xp event might've helped them quickly level to 10 as well. It's just the nature of gold sellers.

This all didn't happen before F2P accounts. In the first year I got like 1 message per mail. Never saw a gold seller in chat. Since F2P it's started. Still even with F2P there are remarkably few gold sellers in comparison to other F2P games I've played before. Even Aion before it went F2P constantly had gold sellers in the main hubs.
The only reason why F2P accounts have anything to do with this situation at all is because F2P brought higher server populations. You're right in that before F2P we didn't see it much but that's because servers were dead in the past. Gold spammers aren't around nearly as much for games that no one plays.

Staying on topic though, I think there are many reasons as to why we are seeing more gold spammers recently. One is higher populations. Another is the fact that there are less employees working and monitoring this action during the holidays. On top of that, I'm willing to bet gold spammers know that no one is watching and they are even more aggressive in chat. Idk just my two cents.
The Hatemore Legacy
Flanagan | Jung Ma

Icebergy
12.25.2013 , 09:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by noobchoco View Post
i report spam whenever i see one, does anyone know if they're auto banned after a certain amount of people report them?
After a certain number of reports they get squelched from chat.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

noobchoco
12.25.2013 , 10:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
That sounds so dirty.
lmao i laughed fo real

PetFish
12.26.2013 , 12:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
After a certain number of reports they get squelched from chat.
They do not. The same two spammers have been on all day yesterday and today, so unless the number is 1,000 reports and they haven't hit it yet I've never seen any evidence of X reports auto-squelching them.

It sure would be nice, though, if 10 unique accounts within 30 minutes spam-report the same name then that name gets auto-banned for further investigation.
Here's my referral link if you want to help me out and also get your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | Dalari'ia Republic | Falori'ia Imperial

ThorgrimLutgen
12.26.2013 , 12:48 AM | #29
For the last 3 months or so, at certain times of the day, the fleet is inundated with gold sellers. There were never any on the fleet before, it was always limited to the starter planets. They are clearly getting braver, probably due to Biowares inability to, or more so, disinterest in doing anything about it.

Yes, we can ignore them, although another always climbs out of the woodwork within a few minutes, but it is not the solution. The powers that be, need to actually get a grip, and have a real presence within the game by way of proper dungeon masters (call them what you will), so that immediate bans can be dished out etc.

thebigdoubleu
12.26.2013 , 02:03 AM | #30
Another technique I noticed they use is to spam around the GTN using /say rather than general chat. This prevents players from quickly reporting them as spam through a right click, which seems not to work in /say.
Build three farms and a barracks.