Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Credit Seller Spam is Getting Worse Lately

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Credit Seller Spam is Getting Worse Lately

Ilayas
12.25.2013 , 04:30 PM | #11
I've noticed this as well. It used to just be on the starter planets but I've started to notice them on the fleet and elsewhere like in the last month or so. It's not just because there has been a switch to ftp because it has been a recent development.
◚◚◚◚◚◚ịịịịị▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Imperial Entanglements: A SWTOR Parody Web Comic

Sangrar
12.25.2013 , 08:00 PM | #12
Stupid credit spammers. Yesterday I made a mill IN A DAY from selling items in chat, do I look like I need to go so a website that probably has a virus that will **** my computer just to waste my money buying credits that are very easy to farm in this game!?!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

KarmaForce
12.25.2013 , 08:04 PM | #13
Same on shadowlands. Very rarely would you see them on the fleet and now it's like there is always one. Just one for the same website. 8.2 dollars, what a rip off

Sangrar
12.25.2013 , 08:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KarmaForce View Post
Same on shadowlands. Very rarely would you see them on the fleet and now it's like there is always one. Just one for the same website. 8.2 dollars, what a rip off
who would be dumb enough to spend money buying credits from a possibly virus-infested website for a game where it is EXTREMELY EASY to make credits!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

Tsillah
12.25.2013 , 08:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilayas View Post
I've noticed this as well. It used to just be on the starter planets but I've started to notice them on the fleet and elsewhere like in the last month or so. It's not just because there has been a switch to ftp because it has been a recent development.
It still has to do with f2p accounts. The recent development might just be a matter of there being less monitoring around the holidays or simply that the reporting is working too well for them on the starter planets so they've gone to the next best place, the fleet. The recent double xp event might've helped them quickly level to 10 as well. It's just the nature of gold sellers.

This all didn't happen before F2P accounts. In the first year I got like 1 message per mail. Never saw a gold seller in chat. Since F2P it's started. Still even with F2P there are remarkably few gold sellers in comparison to other F2P games I've played before. Even Aion before it went F2P constantly had gold sellers in the main hubs.
Et In Gehenna Ego Vixi

#RemoveRNG

Tsillah
12.25.2013 , 08:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
who would be dumb enough to spend money buying credits from a possibly virus-infested website for a game where it is EXTREMELY EASY to make credits!
You overestimate mankind. Especially the combination of dumb, impulsive and lazy is a real winner.
Et In Gehenna Ego Vixi

#RemoveRNG

noobchoco
12.25.2013 , 08:15 PM | #17
i report spam whenever i see one, does anyone know if they're auto banned after a certain amount of people report them?

Pietrastor
12.25.2013 , 08:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
You overestimate mankind. Especially the combination of dumb, impulsive and lazy is a real winner.
Better question would be why risk shady websites when Cartel Market can practically be your reliable cash-to-credits tool lol, tons of people do it like that

Sangrar
12.25.2013 , 08:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by noobchoco View Post
i report spam whenever i see one, does anyone know if they're auto banned after a certain amount of people report them?
it doesn't matter, if that account gets banned, all they go to do is make a new f2p account, that's the problem...

Tsillah
12.25.2013 , 08:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Better question would be why risk shady websites when Cartel Market can practically be your reliable cash-to-credits tool lol, tons of people do it like that
Because of the 7 deadly sins, particularly sloth and greed. 8 dollars is about 5 Euros for 1 million credits. If you buy stuff via the cartel market it's more expensive than that. That amount buys you 1.5 cartel packs basically.

Now I am not saying it's a good idea. I am against gold sellers and I don't send my bank details when I get an email from Nigeria telling me they have 200 million dollars for me, but apparently some people do because otherwise they wouldn't do it anymore.

So why are people so stupid to fall for these things? Because people are people and they do really dumb things. You'd be surprised how easy it is to entice people just with the promise of big amounts of cash or credits. It's sad but it's out there.
Et In Gehenna Ego Vixi

#RemoveRNG